7 Car Penalty

19USMC69

Team Owner
The penalty was based upon an improperly installed wheel/tire. Anyone know exactly what was improper? If the lug wasn’t tight during a pit stop, how would anyone know? Because the lug came off is it assumed it wasn’t installed properly? Could there have been a defective hud or lug? If if it wasn’t tightened properly, why punish so many?

Corey addressed this on Sirius. Said they reviewed the tire changer camera in slow motion and tire was drawn up to the hub and the pit gun tightened until it hammered tight. I wasn't watching the race at that point but he said they came back down to adjust something on the car, so if they thought it may have been loose they would have addressed it then. Corey basically went down the road of its a design flaw with stopping just short of coming out and saying that.

I get there has to be something about it as a flying tire is one of the most dangerous things at a race track. Just not sure this penalty is right

Corey addressed this on Sirius. Said they reviewed the tire changer camera in slow motion and tire was drawn up to the hub and the pit gun tightened until it hammered tight. I wasn't watching the race at that point but he said they came back down to adjust something on the car, so if they thought it may have been loose they would have addressed it then. Corey basically went down the road of its a design flaw with stopping just short of coming out and saying that.

I get there has to be something about it as a flying tire is one of the most dangerous things at a race track. Just not sure this penalty is right
Same penalty they had with 5 lug wheels.

Back
Top Bottom