A bunch of Penske stuff.

FenderBumper

The "good old days" ??
Roger talks about Kurt split. Scenedaily

“Obviously people can write a story and say it was behavior and things like that. There were some things he said over time he wished he didn’t, and I’ve done the same thing.”

“We ended the season, we had been in the Chase, he is one of the very best drivers [and] I think he felt that maybe we weren’t delivering everything he wanted because there had been some issues,” Penske said. “We had obviously the unfortunate situation that took place down at Homestead.

--------

Roger talks to Mark Auman of nascar.com about Brad.

But when Keselowski speaks, people listen -- even people used to giving orders rather than following them. That continues to impress Penske, who sees a leader just coming into his own.

"I think he's at the right age," Penske said. "You could see how good he really is when he got hurt. He's a great commodity for us, and I think he'll be a great star."

---------

Sports Illustrated talks to AJ

But before he signed, he had to make a phone call [To Brad].

"I wanted to come in knowing what his expectations were, what he needed to be better and what he thought this team needed in a driver to be better," Allmendinger said. "I called him right away and just asked him questions about what he wanted and what he expected and that was really important to me."

-------

Penske racing and MillerLite sign multi-year deal.

Wow, this could be the beginning of something. What Kind of something, well, this year at PENSKE will be a tell all year for the next few years to come.

You don't lose the amount of talent that Penske lost this year and have no effect . We'll see.

If you believe Pops Eury, Brad is super talented.

The first third of this year was also underwhelming, with Keselowski standing 25th in points as late as the Charlotte race in late May. Since then, he's won three races and emerged as an unlikely title contender. Eury knows how Keselowski turned his program around -- in the same demanding, persistent way he did with the No. 88 team at JRM,...

"I'm not a bit surprised," Eury said. "He's just that determined. He went to Penske, and Penske's stuff wasn't running good when he got there. They were a little bit off. And I know what happened. He went in there and screamed and hollered and pushed, and he fixed their program. I'm telling you, that's the guy who fixed that program right there. I don't have a doubt in my mind about that."

http://wwww.nascar.com/news/110917/dcaraviello-bkeselowski-chicago-breakthrough-chase/index.html

When you consider that Brad hasn't had half the time behind the wheel growing up that many of the young guns have had, his determination and natural talent are obvious. JRM is a shadow of what they were when Kez was driving the 88, even with Jamie Mac behind the wheel.

I agree whole heartedly that Brad is a huge talent . I just think that last year he had the help of a veteran teammate with a veteran crew chief to draw on. Now he is the lead driver and ,as far as I know, his crew chief is the lead crew chief. Couple that with the fact that there is no third Dodge team . It is one huge load to put on Brad's shoulders .I really hope and pray that he can carry that team alone.

I think it may be more about what the driver personifies to his shop of car builders and tuners.

I agree whole heartedly that Brad is a huge talent . I just think that last year he had the help of a veteran teammate with a veteran crew chief to draw on. Now he is the lead driver and ,as far as I know, his crew chief is the lead crew chief. Couple that with the fact that there is no third Dodge team . It is one huge load to put on Brad's shoulders .I really hope and pray that he can carry that team alone.

From Rogers comments, it was Brad and Paul that elevated Penske South last year, not Kurt or Addington. Paul Wolfe will be in his second year as a cup CC, and now he'll have his old buddy Gordon from their CJM days. Todd Gordon also has an engineering degree, which is a huge advantage in the constant CC / engineer struggle. To avoid wasting money on developing a CC's theory, organizations rely on engineer input more than a CC's opinion. Having that engineering degree goes a long way toward Paul and Todd getting what they want.

I expect BIG things from Penske this year.

From Rogers comments, it was Brad and Paul that elevated Penske South last year, not Kurt or Addington. Paul Wolfe will be in his second year as a cup CC, and now he'll have his old buddy Gordon from their CJM days. Todd Gordon also has an engineering degree, which is a huge advantage in the constant CC / engineer struggle. To avoid wasting money on developing a CC's theory, organizations rely on engineer input more than a CC's opinion. Having that engineering degree goes a long way toward Paul and Todd getting what they want.

I expect BIG things from Penske this year.

I smell a wager!!!

Dude, you'll never get me to mow a lawn while wearing a dress.

Already been done. Some ass I know actually tried that and lost the bet. What a douchebag. :rolleyes:

You will have to think of your own to top that one. Besides, you don't have a lawn do you. How about Take out the trash in a speedo?

Already been done. Some ass I know actually tried that and lost the bet. What a douchebag. :rolleyes:

You will have to think of your own to top that one. Besides, you don't have a lawn do you. How about Take out the trash in a speedo?

You sure know how to hurt an Irishman. :D

Found this on ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7527818

I don't know why it won't embed. But just copy and paste.

It's an interview by Marty Smith with Brad. It's 18 minutes long, but it's worth it.

Oh and if you watch, you will learn who Brad wants to think like. Only 2 people he thinks about when he makes decisions.

Back
Top Bottom