A caring husband.

Zerkfitting

Team Owner
He: “My dear, how can I help you?"

She: “Take this bag of potatoes, peel half of them and put them in the crock pot."

potato.jpg

I showed the wife, she said he is dumber than I am..

My wife said that's one of the reasons why we eat potato skins. :D

My wife said that's one of the reasons why we eat potato skins. :D
Ahh, the skins are the best part. Try this next time baking a potato: Do not peel and use your usual baking method (some microwave the potato first to reduce bake time), but put the potato on foil, instead of wrapped in foil. But, first brush the skin with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper. This will result in a seasoned, crispy skin.

I wash the potatoes and put them in a small saucepan on top of the stove. Cover, turn on low heat and let them cook about 45 minutes. No muss, no fuss.

I won't address the intelligence of the gentleman who took that picture.

I slice a small onion and place it in an oiled seasoned frying pan on medium heat. Meanwhile I wash, slice and season my potatoes. Then I add the potatoes to the now cooking oinions.. Then I cover on medium heat and turn a few times till cooked.. Makes the house smell really good and goes with lots of meats..
Betsy

There was a restaurant here years ago that used to serve potato skins as an appetizer. That got me started on eating the skins and I've been hooked ever since. The restaurant is gone, but I still love the skins. I really miss they way they served them with melted cheese if you wanted it or with just a little butter, sea salt and/or pepper. I can't remember the name of the restaurant for some reason, but I remember the food vividly and the fact that they encouraged you to throw your peanut shells on the floor.

Back
Top Bottom