A different Bodine sore but OK after crash

H

HardScrabble

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- The wife of NASCAR driver Brett Bodine was not seriously hurt after flipping her car and hitting a utility pole early Sunday morning.

Diane Bodine was "sore but OK'' after the accident, Brett Bodine Racing officials said.

"She's mad and upset because she lost her favorite car. Now it's pretty much junk,'' Bodine racing spokeswoman Carolyn Carrier said.

After the Pepsi 400 at Daytona International Speedway on Saturday night, the Bodines decided to wait for traffic to clear before going to their beachside condominium. They took separate cars, and Brett followed his wife, Carrier said.

Diane Bodine told police she swerved to avoid a small animal and lost control of her car, which hit a curb and crashed into a utility pole, knocking out power to 33 nearby homes.

Police said Bodine was not charged in the accident.

At the Pepsi 400, Brett Bodine was involved in a fiery crash with 16 laps to go and finished 38th in the 43-car field.

Ooh, I saw that too today HS. Rough nite for the Bodines, glad she's ok!

Thanks for the update! :)

If Brett Bodine wouldn't have crashed at Daytona, there would have been three Bodine's in the top-10. Scary.

As for Brett's wife, that's why I slow for animals, but I don't swerve. No sense risking your own life to avoid hitting a squirell or something. Lol.

Glad to hear she is allright. but you sould never try to miss a animal just slow down dont take the ditch or swerve to miss it

If i was there i would of nailed it. It should of not of been in the road if it did not want to get hit. But Brett probley hit her(going too fast for him) and she wants to cover up for him.

Get a red car, you won't even notice the stain. Better than almost killing yourself to avoid it.

Back
Top Bottom