a kenseth championship?

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by klemmabyna, Nov 20, 2019.

1. klemmabyna

klemmabyna Team Owner

thought the "chase" was supposed to fix that. obviously not. kyle's performance after week 8 is not worthy of being called a champion. but he did win the last race. whoop whoop!!!

2. jws926

jws926 I need to think of something new for here

I will get the popcorn ready.

3. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

I love the fact we got a Kenseth champion. I guess 5 wins isn't enough either lmao.

Charlie Spencer and RacerrecaR like this.
  4. A 8.9 average finish is worthy of a champion? Get outta with this nonsense. Kyle may not have won since June but seemed to always be near the front
    2C796CB8-A02C-4F55-A4FC-0D2B8754F3DA.png

5. AndyMarquisLive

AndyMarquisLive Short Track Fanatic

:XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL:

Kyle Busch Derangement Syndrome is funny.

Check this **** out @Revman

6. Truex_rox

Truex_rox 19 looks better than ever.

The 18 team was on their game all year long. Some folks slept on them, and I don't understand how given the history of Kyle and his team being a legitimate threat to win week in, week out.

AuzGrams likes this.
  7. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner Contributor

As I said in another thread last week, this was probably the most championship-worthy Championship 4 we’ve had since they started doing this. None of them would have been a fluke champion based on the seasons they had.

2 Sweet and Speedbowl14 like this.
  8. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

The premise of this thread is just a horrible horrible hot take.

9. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

Watch something else, like I did, if you don’t like the playoff format. :idunno:

Charlie Spencer likes this.
  10. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

FWIW, the 18 led the most laps and had the highest average finish throughout the season.

11. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

that alone under the old system would have given him the championship. I think Kyle was on cruise the last 6 weeks while they tried different things. When the sun went down Kyle went to the front which I assume was their plan all along. They sure made up for the screw up in 2018.

Truex_rox likes this.
  12. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

Let me preface this with " I do not like KDB, but, in the end, he put an ass whipen on them at Homestead.

Speedbowl14 and ToyYoda like this.
  13. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

He would have been champion under the old system.

/thread

RacerrecaR, Turtle84 and 2 Sweet like this.
  14. MRM

MRM Team Owner

If a person is going to make that argument, then use the truck series as an example instead.

15. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Remember the Gator

I wouldn't have any problem, 'cause my avatar and all, but five wins is hardly a 'Kenseth championship'. :rolleyes:

AuzGrams and sdj like this.
  16. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

one thing about it, KDB running like he did, he didn't have the social media press vultures all over him looking for any little thing to miss quote, and we got to listen to airhead Danny Hamlin tell us how it works.

Team Penske likes this.
  17. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

This now marks the 6th year in a row a driver has had atleast 27 top 10s.

Happened twice from 2000-2013. But if people still want to think that driver impact isn't decreased, and engineering impact isn't increased and equipment advantages are greater than they've been in 20+years, all the power to ya.

FWIW Kyle was my pick this year. That would remain, regardless.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

18. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Phelps said they are working on that now with standardized parts on the new car. But I would guess Nascar is in a precarious spot with demanding too much and losing an OEM. They aren't in a position of strength at the present time, but if they can get other OEM's in the series, losing one wouldn't be as dramatic. Phelps was saying in his address they are trying to nail down what parts OEM's make and what can be jobbed out. It's pretty much all about the car these days, it going to take some work to get more of a balance. I don't see the OEM's and one in particular wanting to change their business model, but a field of 12 could result if this race to out techno each other continues IMO.

sdj and AuzGrams like this.
  19. 28car

28car Team Owner

I heard this toward end of truck race (correct if wrong)
    Before last race Crafton
    During chase races led 1 lap
    Rest of year led 31 laps
    Had 6 or 7 top 5’s
    No wins

20. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

That's close.