A public thank you

T

TN-Ward-Fan

Hard Scrabble, I wanted to take a few seconds to say thanks. You spend a lot of time scouring the internet and your hard drive to provide some of the most entertaining reads around. I personally appreciate all the historical articles on Darlington this past week. Your grace is unparalelled. Hats off, buddy.

Ditto.

double ditto even.

I became a fan of HS long before I came to this board. Truth be known, I followed him here. Funny is that I no longer scour Jayski's first thing for the latest but look first to see what the Scrabbledude has posted here.

And to add a note on the graciousness of his writings. I have yet to read even the slightest derogatory comment from the man. I mean even when he disagrees he's as nice as peach pie about it.

geesh:D

Roger all that's been said so far about HS. Always acts with dignity, I could take a lesson or two from him.

Triple ditto on that! Hardscrabble, you're one of the friendliest, most informed people I've ever "met" in any forum. I only wish we could all meet one day so I could shake your hand and thank you in person. :)

MULTIPLE :lips: from kat to Hardscrabble. AND thanks for the Patty Moise update when I scoured the net and found nothing.:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Hats off to HS for all that he does for this forum. As far as info goes, he has all the other sites beat IMO. Sometimes I come in here and just read his posts. You do a great job HS. Love the stats you post before each race. I hope you know that we all are sincerely happy that you are here. And I ditto that also on your mellow attitude towards all subjects and members here. Wish I had alittle of that mellow instinct. I enjoy reading your posts because you are never for one side or the other, driver vs. driver. I never read a post from you that contained any form of bashing towards a driver or a member here. You tell it like it is but with class. You are a great addition to this forum.
Thanks for all your hard work. Have a nice day.

Lord Amighty people,

Ya'll got me more red in the face than Pauls' sunburn could ever be, It is my honor entirely.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The folks who derserve the thanks are the thousands who have provided this sport with its history and continue to provide its future. Theirs is the dignity and glory.

Having done my dead level best to be one of the few we read about and cheer for or against on raceday, it is impossible not to appreciate the combination of skill, dedication and luck that is required to perform on the NASCAR stage. Each of them is worthy of respect.

And equally deserving of respect are the hundreds of thousands of racers who have taken to the tracks around the country week in and week out in pursuit of the same dream. It is a sad but hard fact that many of these drivers of equal or even superior skill to those who shine in the big show, but circumstances and fate may never bring their talent under the big lights.

It is not my writing, but the tagline revived here for a bit is as good a summation of the sport as I have heard.

As always Thumbs Up for all the men, women and their families who created, glorified and perpetuate the sport!:)

See ya'll in print and believe me, I learn everyday from all of ya'll!!

Humble, smart, knowledgeable and gracious. That's HS.

AGAIN, THANK YOU PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Great Job Hardscrabble!:p You always have great articles and love the info. Think you dig up something on Jimmy Spencer! DE 2 would love to read some info on his man. Thanks for all your hard work!:D

...and to a guy like me who learned everything he knows about racing online, you are a treasure. Thanks. I look forward each day to finding your name in the "Thread Starter" column.

Thanks again

I too more than enjoy HS's threads, posts, and opinions. Seems to me to be one of the most knowledgeable people around, expicially in racing. Thx for all your hard work HS!

Originally posted by abooja
I only wish we could all meet one day so I could shake your hand and thank you in person. :)

To the best of my knowledge, I'm prolly no more than a couple of hrs from HS, and abooja, I don't think you're too much farther than that....wouldn't be that hard of a stretch for some of us in this neck of the norteastern woods to meet up somewhere. Maybe like the last race of the season or something like that. Would be a great pleasure to meet ya'll. Esp HS cause not only do we live in the same state now, but we also grew up not too far from each other in the south east, we could reminisce about "red dirt" LOL

;)

Back
Top Bottom