ABC, CBS, FOX & NBC shows vs everyone else

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
As time goes on I find myself watching less and less of those big four networks. Cable networks and streaming services are producing far better entertainment than ever. About the only thing we watch anymore on those four networks are local news and sports.

I can't even get the local channels where I'm at now, and wouldn't watch them anyway. WRAL-TV in Raleigh is far far far superior to our local stations and they stream their newscasts live on their apps and website.

Only time I had use for our local news was during Hurricane Matthew and even then, they sucked. MSNBC was calling for "the big one" and our local news kept saying we weren't gonna get hit by the storm. And then, when the storm hit, they weren't on the air with coverage so I ended up having to watch Fox News and WeatherNation.

The only shows on broadcast I watch are Supergirl:wub: on The CW, which I watch on their app (which is totally free) and Madam Secretary, which I watch on Netflix. Any other show on broadcast that's any good is either on Netflix or is shown on TNT, USA or FX. Any other show I watch is on FX or TNT.

Football, that's what RedZone is for -- only way to watch. NASCAR, most of the races come on NBCSN on cable anyway -- plus you can watch Fox and NBC races on their respective apps. IndyCar comes on NBCSN and ESPN.

And the news... I didn't know people still watched the evening news when you have CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, CBSN, Al Jazeera and etc. Brian Williams' newscast on MSNBC is better than NBC Nightly News anyway. And the only reason I'll turn the Today Show on is when Megyn Kelly:wub: replaces Tamron Hall.

Also, the Fox television network is worthless. They should just shut that down and move all their sports programming to FS1. Their primetime shows suck, which is why they have to have a new revival of "24" every two years. FX on cable has American Horror Story, Fargo and The Americans.

The few shows I've been watching are actually on the big four networks - Madam Secretary (CBS), Designated Survivor (ABC), The Good Place (NBC), and Superstore (NBC). I watch everything I can on my Kindle Fire. I only even turn on my cable box for WWE, which is on the USA Network, CNN, and the occasional Lifetime movie.

News, Fresh off the boat, Madam Secretary, The odd couple, Black List, and reruns of Two and a half men.

I still watch OTA primetime shows, but finding that I am losing interest in them compared to say cable shows, I dont use streaming services , but there are some shows that I think I would be interested in though. I find it odd that most of the primetime shows I watch are on CBS which is known as the old's person network, and I am not old :laugh:.
For CBS, I am sort of watching Kevin Can Wait, Man With A Plan, TBG, TBBT ( slowly losing interest in all those) Mom, The Great Indoors, NCIS( all of them, but only really have interest in L.A.) ,H50, Blue Bloods. ABC, Modern Family, FOX, Lethal Weapon , Family Guy, The Simpsons. Dont watch anything on NBC other than NASCAR on NBC.

ind it odd that most of the primetime shows I watch are on CBS which is known as the old's person network, and I am not old :laugh:.

CBS is the old people network. :lol2:

We had a sales exec out at the track last year for the local CBS station. I asked him what times we could advertise to reach a younger demographic and what times families watched ... he told me we should just advertise on CW for that. Said the only show younger people watched (at least in our area) on CBS was Supergirl, then proceeded to start bitching for five minutes about how CBS was gonna cancel it and they're stupid and making his job harder.

My favorite 3 shows that I would never miss an episode were Two and a half men, The Apprentice, and The Tonight show with Johnny Carson and then Jay Leno...but after Sheen, Trump, Carson and Leno were gone I tried to watch but the shows were just to damn boring for me to spend my time on. So now I just watch reruns instead of this new crap they have today.:)

I just torrent seasons of every show that I want to watch and watch it on my phone. Only think I use cable for now is for sports and the wife DVRs her nightly variety TV shows.

Last two shows I saw on those lowly channels were Lost and Hannibal.

I moved this week and the only TV I can get are the local channels. Holy ****, these channels are terrible. And the subchannels are nothing but 40 year old crap TV shows and low budget movies.

Soap operas, court shows, talk shows, cooking shows and primetime crap. It's old people TV, all of it.

My only option is DIRECTV, which is $120 for the same channels you can get on Sling or Vue for $30. No NETFLIX, no Hulu, no On Demand.

I'm gonna start smoking weed or something for entertainment lol.

I moved this week and the only TV I can get are the local channels. Holy sh!t, these channels are terrible. And the subchannels are nothing but 40 year old crap TV shows and low budget movies.

Soap operas, court shows, talk shows, cooking shows and primetime crap. It's old people TV, all of it.

My only option is DIRECTV, which is $120 for the same channels you can get on Sling or Vue for $30. No NETFLIX, no Hulu, no On Demand.

What happened to Vue? It's available nationwide now.

What happened to Vue? It's available nationwide now.

Can't get internet at my new place. I checked with CenturyLink before I moved and they said I could get the same internet at my new place. Then, yesterday morning, SURPRISE, they don't service this area anymore. A part of the .5% of residents of Wilson County who can't get internet. ****** cable monopolies suck.

I'm using my cell phone for internet, unlimited data with AT&T but it's slow as ****.

The only option for TV is DIRECTV, which is expensive as hell. No chance I'm paying $120 for ******, half-assed service.

Can't get internet at my new place. I checked with CenturyLink before I moved and they said I could get the same internet at my new place. Then, yesterday morning, SURPRISE, they don't service this area anymore. A part of the .5% of residents of Wilson County who can't get internet. ******* cable monopolies suck.

I'm using my cell phone for internet, unlimited data with AT&T but it's slow as sh!t.

The only option for TV is DIRECTV, which is expensive as hell. No chance I'm paying $120 for ******, half-assed service.

I would find myself a new place.

Its 2017 for god sake. How can a town not have internet access at this stage?

One more reason not lot leave the city.

I would find myself a new place.

Its 2017 for god sake. How can a town not have internet access at this stage?

One more reason not lot leave the city.

You don't know me very well. I'm gonna fight like hell.

I'll probably re-up Vue anyway so I can record shows and watch them that way.

I moved this week and the only TV I can get are the local channels. Holy sh!t, these channels are terrible. And the subchannels are nothing but 40 year old crap TV shows and low budget movies.

Supergirl's on a local channel. Just stay on CW and watch it, Arrow, Flash, and Legends. Switch to Fox for Gotham. You can watch DC shows pretty much all week.

What exactly is old people tv?

Supergirl's on a local channel. Just stay on CW and watch it, Arrow, Flash, and Legends. Switch to Fox for Gotham. You can watch DC shows pretty much all week.

What exactly is old people tv?

I'm not caught up on those other shows, but the CW network is the one saving grace. Where I was living didn't have a CW channel at all so I had to watch on their app seven hours later.

I'm not caught up on Gotham, was watching on Netflix. Same with The Flash and Arrow. I had never heard of CW until Supergirl ended up moving from the old person network (CBS).

NBC has some pretty decent programming. The national broadcast news shows suck -- especially Today, Good Morning America and ABC World News. I'd rather watch MSNBC since that's where all the news is happening these days anyway.

Not getting to see shows like Z Nation and American Horror Story is what's gonna piss me off. The programming on cable is so far superior to the amateur **** on broadcast, it's not even funny. And the shows they run from 7am-5pm on broadcast are atrocious, every single one of them.

I tried watching Super girl. Made it to 18 minutes of the first episode before I had to turn it off.

Lame city.

She's hot. :idunno:

But not the hottest on the show imo. That would be Katie Mcgrath. Which if you haven't seen it, get Merlin on dvd. That would give you another show to catch up on while you're lacking tv.

Last edited:
I've got a few shows on the networks I watch:
Modern Family
The Middle
The Goldbergs
Blacklist
Designated Survivor
The Excorist
Big Bang Theory

I've got a few shows on the networks I watch:
Modern Family
The Middle
The Goldbergs
Blacklist
Designated Survivor
The Excorist
Big Bang Theory

Out of those on your list I watch the Big Bang Theory but frankly it's getting old. I shared a place when I was going through my divorce. Guy was ''quirky'' like Sheldon. I only lasted 2 months before I moved out and it's a wonder I didn't kill him...

Rarely watch OTA TV

Back
Top Bottom