ABC drops IndyCar???

No surprise, ESPN/Disney seems to be trying to cut costs and racing no longer seems to be worthy enough for ESPN/ABC to cover.

Shows you how badly they got outbid and how bad their coverage is if they offered more network races and still got passed over.

Agreed! Bestwick is good though. Hopefully another network will pick him up or he ends up doing F1. Cheever and Goodyear put me to sleep.

There was a rumor on here and other forums a while back that Bestwick would not go back to NBC because of what happened in 2004 with the hockey injury and the subsequent promotion of Bill Weber. Not sure if there's any truth to it but, if there is, I'd like to see them bury the hatchet and get back to work.

I don't dislike Rick Allen - but Allen Bestwick would be an upgrade.

Here's NBC's chance to keep Varsha, Matchette and Hobbs employed and together as a team.

I'm really annoyed that espn got the F1 coverage. Those three commentators were all that made it worth watching to begin with and now they are out the door in favor of something that has just got to be less. Those three were the best racing broadcast team in history.

Matchette made a few guest appearances on NBC Indycar telecasts last year, and he was terrific, even better than he is on the F1 broadcasts. Varsha can effortlessly do any series he pleases and Hobbs is simply a scream and fits in anywhere. They even managed to make boring F1 snoozefests worth watching, so imagine what that lineup could do with something as competitive as Indycar. I'de still love to see Hobbs on the IMSA telecasts.

It won't be surprising if ABC drops IndyCar. Keep in mind that Bestwick, Punch, and some of the others were let go by ESPN only to be brought back only for the few IndyCar races they have.

And there lies the problem. You see, I can't tell good announcing from bad announcing.

I get so excited about IndyCar racing , it's like that- "When it's bad it's good, and when it's bad it's still pretty good!" saying. Or which ever. :D

So, idnit time for another race for cryin' out loud?

:D

With Detroit in the rearview mirror, time to say goodbye (for now) to one of my favorite sports TV themes ever. :(

Back
Top Bottom