According to

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nascar.com reports that no decision will be made about the "outburst" by Tony Stewart 'til after they talk with Tony directly today.

This despite rumors of a fine and suspension.

IMHO, the press should RESPECT the wishes of ALL drivers, owners, crew chiefs, etc. If they don't want to be interviewed or have pics taken, BACK OFF.

So do they plan to talk to him from a distance??

We gonna hafta disagree on this one, kat. You just can't go around laying hands on people no matter what mood yer in. Sure, it is annoying (I would imagine) to be followed around, answering the same old tired questions, especially moments after the heat of battle. But ya know what? Nobody forces these guys to be public figures either. Maybe the solution is a "cool down" area where drivers etc. can go before they are confronted by media goons. In any case, 41 other drivers were frustrated Sunday too. It (the media) goes with the territory. I say we take all these celebrities who hate being in the center of attention so much, and give them what they want...ignore them completely.

If he hits another reporter,He may get a picture taken that he won't want also.Mug Shot that is.Its part of the glory Kat,He has to deal with it.Look what happened to Lady Dy,When she ran from the cameras.:(

TN, I like that idea...."COOL DOWN ZONE". Make it the "BIG BLUE TRUCK" where it is cool, let them bitch and moan, kick pillows, punch bags, wind down. Outside of the ZONE it's fair game.

PB, Lady Di was a whole different story.

He was in the garage already. Where else can they set up this cool down zone. Nascar fans and media don't realize how good they have it. No other sport lets fans and media have as much access. How many times have reporters stuck there mike in Jordan's face after he missed a game winner. Not to many.

TN-WARD,
I love that, "So do they plan to talk to him from a distance??" I agree that this is not the way it should be, but realistcally who should bare the blame, not just in this case, but PB brings up Lady Di and there are so many other incidents I wouldn't know where to begin. People do for a living what they are good at and if they are lucky enough what they enjoy, if enough people notice they come to a level where they ascertain celebrity status, a double edge sword. Some thrive, some become exploited, some cave in, and some bale out. Is it the individuals in the limelight and their egos that drive it? Is it the reporters who want their moment of fame on a celebrities shirt tails? Or is it the general public with their insaitiable appetite for the inside story? Personally, I believe that it is our fasination with the few that get to do what we wish we could that is the engine that drives the machine. We do not let the "Famous" people do their job, punch out and go home. Yeah, Tony could go to New York City and be the best hack there, at least the fastest..... hehehe, but would any of us want that for him? Why can't we just enjoy a performance for what it is, be it a football game, a concert, a movie, or a race for what it is without having to know everything else about these peoples lives? Politicians and other actual "Public" figures that run to get voted to an office and impact our daily lives, yes they need our scrutiny, I believe that does come with their territory. The rest of them, let it be their descision, if they want to talk, fine. And if they don't, then respect them and if you enjoy what they do, support them and if you don't ignore them. Sorry this ran so long, but I wanted to put down how I feel about it. Thanks for listening.

Originally posted by kat2220
TN, I like that idea...."COOL DOWN ZONE". Make it the "BIG BLUE TRUCK" where it is cool, let them bitch and moan, kick pillows, punch bags, wind down. Outside of the ZONE it's fair game.

PB, Lady Di was a whole different story.

I'm sure Kurt Busch would loved to have gotten Jimmy Spencer into the "COOL DOWN ZONE" to use as a punching bag. :p

Originally posted by barelypure

I'm sure Kurt Busch would loved to have gotten Jimmy Spencer into the "COOL DOWN ZONE" to use as a punching bag. :p

No fisticuffs in the cool down down.

Back
Top Bottom