Adam Alexander

Lazyking

Over the Cassill we go
Am I the only one that hates Adam Alexander as an announcer? He comes off so arrogant and his lines are sound rehearsed half the time. Also, his man crush on Dale Jr is pretty creepy. We don't need to be reminded EVERY TIME that Dale Jr is the most popular driver.

I really hope after TNT, this will be the last time I have to hear him call a race. one of the worst.

I thought I was the only one!!! He is such a tool!!! He sucked so bad on speed center... I have no clue why they promoted him up to play by play...

He seems so uneducated when it comes to racing.

And I'm pretty sure he's calling races for NBC next year....... We're ******.

Last edited:
I can take or leave him but have noticed that nearly ever time he mentions Earnhardt's name, it's like he just looked under the tree on Xmas morning.

Never really minded Adam Alexander. I guess to me, his "while we were away" catchphrase is more noticeable than his Dale Jr. mancrush.

i think it's in their contract, at least 1 booth announcer has to express Dale Jr, "man-love"

Ive never really taken notice.

Really? Some of the mouth spew is unbearable to me.

My favorite of the current color guys is Alan Bestwick. Oddly enough a lot of people don't really like him. I think he's hilarious and brings a lot of good energy. He does LOVE cautions though........

Alexander sets my teeth on edge'
Bestwick started calling races at Seekonk when he was 14-15, and he was good then!

"Now NASCAR's Most Popular Driver is up to..." is really getting on my nerves. I don't give a damn he's the most popular driver, I'll make my own opinion of him thank you very much.

I don't like Bestwick. His random laughing used to be funny but now he can't go 6 laps without some sort of chuckle (usually without reason). Did you see him last night in the Nationwide race? "Now I've seen everything... the fire alarm is going off in the booth...HAHAHAHA!".

I think habitual perception takes over during the race & I just tune the yapping out.

Hell, I just watch the race and have my own opinions as to what is happening on the track. I thought Jarrett's explaining what the cars do when the track cools and when a car is on top of the track was interesting, I liked all the passing shots they covered instead of being hypnotized on the leader, and the in-car to pit talking strategy . They caught more of the action during the race and it was closer to being there in person. Most of the 1.5 races I have been to are not boring, and I think If the TV coverage was as good as it was last night, the ratings would get better. Now.... back to the announcer wanking.

Hell, I just watch the race and have my own opinions as to what is happening on the track. I thought Jarrett's explaining what the cars do when the track cools and when a car is on top of the track was interesting, I liked all the passing shots they covered instead of being hypnotized on the leader, and the in-car to pit talking strategy . They caught more of the action during the race and it was closer to being there in person. Most of the 1.5 races I have been to are not boring, and I think If the TV coverage was as good as it was last night, the ratings would get better. Now.... back to the announcer wanking.
This reminds me, I've got to make a doctor's appointment to get a checkup. I've been finding myself agreeing with you too much lately. :confused: :D

Meh, I dont really mind double A. Its the Waltrips that have got to go...

Wally is the one who gets on my nerves. Adam doesn't bother me.

Wally has historically driven me nuts. However, he is upped his game a bit this year. Probably because he doesn't comment on every freakin' thing.

i wish it was Wally, Dale Jarrett, and Ricky Craven every race

i wish it was Wally, Dale Jarrett, and Ricky Craven every race

You got three analysts there though. Give me Bob Jenkins back then Dale, and Ricky. I really don't mean this to sound disrespectful to anybody, but Jeff Burton couldn't carry Ricky's cup.

Wally has historically driven me nuts. However, he is upped his game a bit this year. Probably because he doesn't comment on every freakin' thing.

Can't get a damn word in edgewise with the egomaniac KP and AA.

Am I the only one that hates Adam Alexander as an announcer? He comes off so arrogant and his lines are sound rehearsed half the time. Also, his man crush on Dale Jr is pretty creepy. We don't need to be reminded EVERY TIME that Dale Jr is the most popular driver.

I really hope after TNT, this will be the last time I have to hear him call a race. one of the worst.
I think he writes a finishing quote for every driver for when they cross the checkers... they need to let someone else take the mic at that time.

Him and Bob Jenkins. My all time favorites.
Bob Jenkins stunk! But he was from Indianapolis and liked IndyCars and secretly would bash NASCAR from time to time so I give him credit. I just thought he had a monotonous uninterested voice. Like he should have been a banker. He got excited over nothing.

Bob Jenkins stunk! But he was from Indianapolis and liked IndyCars and secretly would bash NASCAR from time to time so I give him credit. I just thought he had a monotonous uninterested voice. Like he should have been a banker. He got excited over nothing.

I was young. I enjoyed it. He was like Mike Joy without the FOX circle jerk.

Reactions: JEB
My dream booth:

Bill Weber, Darrell Waltrip, Larry McReynolds and Michael Waltrip.

Haha, just kiddin y'all.

Having both Darrell and Michael in the same booth would be hilarious

2 worst are mikey / kenny .
they make all tha rest look like cronkite .
I don't even understand how KW has a job on TV at this point. Adam Alexander should be the host of a weekly 30-min recap show.... not play by play (or pass by pass) on race day.

They're probably all better than that guy Steve post.
Well, honestly, I couldn't tell. I can't understand a single word he says when he gets worked up. Laugh my ass off every time.

But that was what made it work....Benny the excitement, and Bob just called the race. Imagine that....just calling the race.

Why does he say "NASCAR's most popular driver" every week? Everyone already knows that but he keeps saying it.

Back
Top Bottom