Age Limit

66mustang

I know that there is an age limit for the WC, BGN and CTS series but does it still stand for the touring series and the lower series like Late Models or Street stocks?

All NASCAR sanctioned series' are now using the age limit.

There are still a few under 18 drivers that stayed in due to grandfather clauses, though.

Originally posted by paul
All NASCAR sanctioned series' are now using the age limit.

There are still a few under 18 drivers that stayed in due to grandfather clauses, though.

What is a grandfather clauses?

If they were already racing, and under 18, NASCAR wasn't going to make them leave. But in order to start racing one needs to be over 18.

Then why couldn't Kyle Busch race. He was racing but was under 18?

Kyle is racing in ASA, Not NASCAR sanctioned. He had to sit one race out due to Tobacco sponsor laws.

Kyle was stripped of his first late model win in his first late model start here in Vegas for being under the age of 16.

The kid has plenty of time. Didn't know the under 18 thing had been extended to Weekly Racing series stuff. What a crock.

I personally think it is kinda stupid. I think Atwood started a few Truck races when he was 16.

Yea, but you should see the young talent in ASA now.

nascar's loss as far as I'm concerned.

I can see Nascar's point for this rule mostly because I have two teenage boys. I know how the extra-curricular things can consume these boys more than the day to day academics and they are only cheating themselves in the long run when it gets in the way. I pulled my oldest boy from cross country
competition last year when his grades suffered and my biggest criitic was his coach! His coach is also a teacher and I certainly thought I would have had some support there but no!
As bad as these owners want to bring up some new talent they need to realize that if they dont make it to the point of being able to make a living at it they are not just jeopardizing their racing careers they are risking their entire future!

Kel

Back
Top Bottom