Al Unser Jr. suspended

MRM

Team Owner
From Twitter:

IndyCar announces Al Unser Jr. suspended indefinitely and relieved of duties in race control pending investigation.

What did he say or do to draw a suspension?

Al Jr has had a problem for quite some time, and I thought he finally got himself together of the past few years. Guess he went backwards.

It's very unfortunate. Al Jr was one of my favorite CART drivers while he was active. He's had a drinking problem for a while, I guess IndyCar figured they had to do it...

It's very unfortunate. Al Jr was one of my favorite CART drivers while he was active. He's had a drinking problem for a while, I guess IndyCar figured they had to do it...
same here. great driver, great racing family. bobby was my favorite but they've all had great success. unfortunately, the bottle has been their downfall.

there's no excuse for excessive drinking and driving, none.

a bit more about cody unser.

Cody Unser: Never Say Never Again

In 1999, the racing world was stunned to hear the news that 12 year old Cody Unser, oldest daughter of Champ Car driver Al Unser, Jr. and his wife Shelley, had contracted a little known disease, Transverse Myelitis, which left the middle schooler paralyzed from the waist down. The Unsers sought care for their daughter in Albuquerque, Phoenix, and later, at Johns Hopkins University Hospital. In spite of their efforts and the excellent medical care given to Cody, it became apparent that she would be among the one third of TM sufferers who do not recover from their paralysis. Deep Throttle’s West Coast Editor, Lisa Davidson, talked with Cody Unser after the 2007 Long Beach Grand Prix to find out what’s new with this remarkable young woman....

So let me see here...Al was drunk and DRIVING +-100MPH and this is all the reaction!!!!!! Good thing this wasn't _______ :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom