Alex Barron in for Felipe Giaffone this weekend

P

Parkfan

http://espn.go.com/rpm/irl/2003/0715/1581082.html

Alex Barron will replace Giaffone in Mo Nunn's car this weekend at Nashville. Barron previously subbed for the injured Arie Luyendyk at the Indy 500. Barron, from Menifee, Calif., finished fifth in the driver points during his first full IRL season in 2002 with Blair Racing and scored his first IRL win at Nashville.

"We're going to be under the gun once again, but aside from the Speedway at Indy, I can't think of a better situation or a track to jump back into a race car on short notice," Barron said. "Having won the Nashville race last year, and having been a part of the Mo Nunn team at Indy this year, I think our chances of being competitive in the race Saturday night are very, very good. I'm definitely looking forward to it."

This is great for Alex. He gets a chance in a top notch ride at the race he won last year. I wish he was driving the 26 for AGR, but all that matters is Alex's got a good car. It doesn't sound like Felipe will be out of action too long, according to that article, so maybe after Wheldon wrecks a few more cars and continues driving stupid, Michael can fire him and put Barron in that car.

Thats good! He deserves a ride. He did really well last year in the 44 car, its a shame they shut down or Alex could have been a championship contender this year! I think he will pick up right were Felipe left off, up front!

Weldon needs to be on notice by the team that he better not lose one chip of paint off that car, or he will be changing tyres.

Back
Top Bottom