All Electric NASCAR Series on the Horizon

I think it's a smart business decision for any racetrack to work with their local community, but there are so many idiots out there who just love to complain instead of finding a reasonable solution themselves. A lot of the people who whine about noise from a track would call up Mother Nature and complain about the weather if it were possible.

Moving next to a track and complaining about the noise in general makes one a wanker.

If a racetrack makes a habit of running until after midnight, they're the problem.

It's called respect, and it's a two-way street. It's just the same as having a cookout in the summer. If it's 6pm and you're grilling hot dogs and playing loud music, only some uptight wretched bitch is gonna get mad about it and the cops won't even respond to their phone call. If it's 11pm and you're blaring loud music, EVERYONE is going to be mad about it and that's when cops come out and issue citations and shut your party down.

There was one track I worked at and we were pretty flexible about testing. I'd stay late and cut the lights on for them and everything. Well, one night (a school night, mind you), a driver decided he was going to practice all night. By about 10:30pm, he was still going, so I called the track owner and asked him for permission to cut the dude off.

I went down and told the driver he was done and he cussed me out. Finally, at about 11:15pm, I cut all the lights out on him - which pissed him off even more. On race day, the track owner went off on the driver and said, "Disrespectful **** like that is what's gonna get us closed down." The driver STILL did not care.

Another track I worked at, there were a couple Karens trying to get the place closed but they were already outcasts in the community and had no support. Most everyone supported the track. That was until....

One autumn night, some rain moved in early-afternoon and didn't clear out until about 6:30pm or so. So we call a driver's meeting to run down the schedule, and the drivers all bitched and whined because they hadn't gotten to practice or qualify yet. The race director/promoter makes the decision to give them a round of practice and to do single car qualifying for every division (80 ****** cars!). I was PISSED at this point because, if it's 7pm, fans are in the stands, and the track's dry, the track needs to just draw pills and go racing.

By the time qualifying wrapped up at 9:30pm, he then says we're going to do an autograph session on the frontstretch (pretty common thing at asphalt short tracks). The first words out of my mouth were about how those two Karens were going to gain A TON of sympathy tonight because the race wasn't going to end until 2am. The promoter didn't care and gave me the "they shouldn't move next to a track then" hur dur routine.

The race didn't START until 10:45pm!!! All the fans had already left, and they were pissed because they didn't see a single race - just a bunch of single car qualifying runs. But the track had an "obligation to the drivers."

Sure enough, the race ran until 1:30am, and the next day, the community was in an absolute uproar about it, demanding the town do something about it. And I couldn't defend the track with a straight face AT ALL because I knew we were in the wrong.

They don't do **** about it around here. Literally the only thing they care about is speeding. You can deliberately run a red light in front of a cop and be fine as long as you're not going over 55 mph when you do it.

In fact, because laws don't get enforced around here, the wannabe "CoUnTrY bOyS" are jacking the front end of their trucks and SUVs again.
Well that's better than by us. They don't seem to care about much more than drunk driving.

With SRX gone, perhaps NASCAR should soon have a 6-8 race series on Thursday Nights with a similar roster structure as SRX? Perhaps Daytona & a bunch of short tracks and road courses?? Not sure on field size? 20 cars?

NASCAR eDash Series
TV: FS1/FS2
1. Daytona afternoon “Dash” 200
2-8. TBD (any NASCAR/NASCAR Roots/IMSA/ARCA/CARS Tour/World Racing Group short track oval or road course)

With SRX gone, perhaps NASCAR should soon have a 6-8 race series on Thursday Nights with a similar roster structure as SRX?
While I like the idea, good luck finding someone to sponsor it. If Tony couldn't, I doubt NASCAR will try.

I could see a manufacturer approaching IMSA about a spec series.

seeing as how far the street version of electric vehicles has fallen, I think Nascar would be better off looking at Hydrogen.

Law zee, them thar lectric cars will shock ya if ya get within 20 feet of one. I hear some glow in the dark, probably picking up laser beams.

seeing as how far the street version of electric vehicles has fallen, I think Nascar would be better off looking at Hydrogen.
You're correct.
The technology simply is not here yet for electric to be a viable means of transportation.
This is just the tail wagging the dog and a bunch of politicians playing to their base. All of whom don't seem to mind the little African boys mining the minerals and the little Chinese girls building their batteries. SCAM

Why them thar lectric vehicles are a commie plot I tell ya.

Electric vehicles accounted for about 8% of all new vehicles sales in the US during the first half of 2023, according to the Bloomberg NEF report. That’s still far lower than in China, where EVs accounted for 19% of all vehicle sales. Worldwide, EVs made up 15% of new passenger vehicle sales.

The technology simply is not here yet for electric to be a viable means of transportation.

Attachments

• A8F3E203-38E5-4494-9D3B-483D2F4BA50F.jpeg
    A8F3E203-38E5-4494-9D3B-483D2F4BA50F.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 16
They can always build a grandstand that pushes the noise through headsets and spray the area with the aroma of racing gas whenever they do start racing the EVs.

They can always build a grandstand that pushes the noise through headsets and spray the area with the aroma of racing gas whenever they do start racing the EVs.
I've been saying it for a long time. They are going to go with hydrogen. Because NOISE! Nascar isn't going to be a flop like the E-series is.

I've been saying it for a long time. They are going to go with hydrogen. Because NOISE! Nascar isn't going to be a flop like the E-series is.
You just made 3 comments about electric, but now hydrogen. OK. Whatever. LOL

PS. Please don't delete this innocuous comment.

Back
Top Bottom