All Electric NASCAR Series on the Horizon

Since I don't know where it went here's the screen shot
Screenshot_20210617-122225_Twitter.jpg

Love it.

Get with it or get left behind. The keyword is a "companion" series, so maybe another rung on the support ladder. Or maybe the Truck or Xfinity Series will slowly shift into the role.

It has to happen to keep OEM companies interested for the future. Formula E and Extreme E are interesting series, maybe not for the short term, but I think long term come lets say 2030 onwards... This might be the move.

Love it.

Get with it or get left behind. The keyword is a "companion" series, so maybe another rung on the support ladder. Or maybe the Truck or Xfinity Series will slowly shift into the role.

It has to happen to keep OEM companies interested for the future. Formula E and Extreme E are interesting series, maybe not for the short term, but I think long term come lets say 2030 onwards... This might be the move.
My thoughts as well, electric cars are coming if the dinosaurs want them or not. This seems like it be a good way to develop the technology for racing.

It's a massively growing market that more car manufacturers are leaning towards, so it makes perfect sense for Nascar to follow the trend and attract more manufacturers and sponsors! This could even fit like what FIA does with Formula E!

As long as it's a companion and not a replacement. Once Cup goes all electric, I'm out.

It's going to happen eventually. As new technology becomes cheaper, old technology becomes more expensive.

Just don't gimmick it up like Formula E and I'm all in on it

It's NASCAR, of course they're going to gimmick it up.

As long as it's a companion and not a replacement. Once Cup goes all electric, I'm out.

I think it'll happen eventually, but by that time most of us will be at God's Track where they still run V8's with 900 horsepower, the grandstands are covered in a haze of cigarette smoke, and the local prostitute Tooth is still in her prime with 10 teeth.

I think it'll happen eventually, but by that time most of us will be at God's Track where they still run V8's with 900 horsepower, the grandstands are covered in a haze of cigarette smoke, and the local prostitute Tooth is still in her prime with 10 teeth.
All in the back, I assume.

There's a whole lot of discussion here for a nine-word re-post where the most important word isn't 'exhibition' or 'electric'. It's 'potentially'.

As a guy who loves dirt racing, I wonder how electric vehicles would do in the Georgia red clay. I'd have to imagine World of Outlaws is looking into electric vehicles.

A partial calendar where they run companion sprint races at short tracks/road courses could be interesting. Until development gets to a certain point those might be more suitable tracks.

I’ll meet you there. What a glorious day it will be.

Reactions: Bob
Originally I was extremely distraught and so overcome with the Debbie Downs over this report.
But my people are telling me that we will still get to keep the exhaust pipe decals on the ass-end of the cars, so I will try carry to on.

Last edited:
This is the best thing I will read all day.

I must be just plain stupid. I can't figure it out. If Calif and Texas can't keep their power grids up, how the hell are we going to keep all electric cars charged up? Nuclear?
That's what I find so funny. I work at a lot of cement plants in both those states and they already get hit hard during peak usage. Sometimes they're given absurd rates, sometimes they're require to reduce consumption (only running some equipment) and when it gets ready bad they just flat out turn off their high voltage supply. So how do they plan on having enough to charge all these cars?

That's what I find so funny. I work at a lot of cement plants in both those states and they already get hit hard during peak usage. Sometimes they're given absurd rates, sometimes they're require to reduce consumption (only running some equipment) and when it gets ready bad they just flat out turn off their high voltage supply. So how do they plan on having enough to charge all these cars?
Can't go very far about it, but Texas's problem is political. Trying to save a few bucks cost them big time. Everybody is cutting corners and nobody gets any heat for it.

I must be just plain stupid. I can't figure it out. If Calif and Texas can't keep their power grids up, how the hell are we going to keep all electric cars charged up? Nuclear?
Teams will probably charge batteries before they leave the shop.

Reactions: Pat
They should go to wind up cars. Drivers would just need to manage the number of winds left in order to finish the race.

Back
Top Bottom