All Star Pre Race Thread

It baffles me that NASCAR didn't use this opportunity to let teams cheat. No points on the line and there is nothing to test for next year with this car. Instead they opted for a heavily regulated plate race at a track already being notorious for a parade without such regulations.
I think that's what made some of the past all star races so much better. Guys tried some trick stuff and nascar pretended not to see it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I had no idea.

Is this public knowledge?
There are a fair amount of driver, crew chief, and pit crew interviews over the years where they admitted to cheating during races. It was more common for exhibition races because NASCAR cared more about putting on a good show than anything else, but there were also times where NASCAR would look the other way for certain drivers depending upon certain circumstances.

One of my favorites is Kyle Petty dropping a load of buckshot onto the track from a secret compartment in the floorboards at the start of a Rockingham race. He dominated that day and it was likely due to the few dozen pounds of weight he "removed" from the car.

Like the winning car that Evernham was told "to never bring back?" :laugh:
Like the Camaro II introduced for a single year that became two years due to the pandemic.....Wait.

Like the Camaro II introduced for a single year that became two years due to the pandemic.....Wait.
getting tired of only half of the story. When the Camaro came out, Nascar changed the rules and the car was designed for the previous years configuration. GM took it in the shorts for a year maybe two and anybody could see the Camaros were noticeably slower than the rest of the field. Remember that if a change is made all of the manufacturers have to ok the numbers on the car. For example the Supra has had more than one nose job since it was put on the track, along with numerous changes to the 4 door grocery getter Camry . The Supra no longer has a nose like pinocchio that has been telling stories. I could prove a case with the trucks easily about the lopsided advantage they have, but I am not crying every chance I get. Suck it up bud.

getting tired of only half of the story. When the Camaro came out, Nascar changed the rules and the car was designed for the previous years configuration. GM took it in the shorts for a year maybe two and anybody could see the Camaros were noticeably slower than the rest of the field. Remember that if a change is made all of the manufacturers have to ok the numbers on the car. For example the Supra has had more than one nose job since it was put on the track, along with numerous changes to the 4 door grocery getter Camry . The Supra no longer has a nose like pinocchio that has been telling stories. I could prove a case with the trucks easily about the lopsided advantage they have, but I am not crying every chance I get. Suck it up bud.
You are embarrassing yourself. The Camry and the Camaro came out in 2018 under the low downforce package. Both were designed around that. The Mustang nose came in 2019 around the higher downforce package. The Camaro sucked so bad that they went back to the drawing board and came out with the 1LE for 2020 to justify a complete redesign because their engineers botched the ZL1 so badly. I am sure that they would have come up with more letters and numbers if they had to. Let's keep in mind that Toyota has always been criticized for throwing money at the sport. Chevy build a car with the intention of running it one year. One. Year. The only car in the field designed around NASCAR's newest packages is the Camaro ZL1 ILE M-O-U-S-E.

Cite your source on the redesign of the Xfinity Supra. I have never heard that the car was changed in any way. Ever.

Every redesign of the Camry nose coincided with the redesign on the showroom floor. You know...Stock. Car. Racing.

In trucks....instead of wining about the stupid ass spec engine, TRD went to work, and is kicking the **** out of Chevy in aero. Period. Chevy has work to do.

BTW....when are you going to get back to me about what Knaus said about the ILE M-O-U-S-E? Didn't think so. Get back to me when you have something. Your bias against Toyota is the direct inverse of my fanboy-ism, but with a severe bending of the truth. Laughable.

This thread sure got boring. I'm going over to the Deegan thread and see how her dog is doing. That is much more interesting this boring technical crap.

Back
Top Bottom