Alright...Survivor

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
Someone out there much be watching this newest episode and if you did, what a shock. You get to see what real people think of other people and no just because there is a camera on them. There is a guy who is so light in his loafers that he even swings his arns out to the side. He's the kind of guy who would probably be scared out of his whits if he saw a garter snake, yet he believes that he is the all mighty of his tribe. I would rather work for the girls and they have already given him one of the secret idols. How this little queer is able to command control is beyond me. So now that is over, lets move on to the women. I do believ this is one of the top bunch of chicks to play the game. And the come in all sizes (I do prefer the more round type, both upper and lower). My favorite is Alicia Rosa. She's a fiesty Puerto Rican.

I have resisted as much "reality tv" as I can. What I have seen, on a lot of shows, seems awfully scripted.

I've watched a few of them and I really like some of them. Sons Of Guns, Top Shot, NY Ink, Pawn Stars, LA Ink, Ink Masters are pretty good. I really like the Ink and gun parts of the shows, but most of the "drama" stuff doesn't really do it for me. I guess it depends on your definition of "reality show".

I have resisted as much "reality tv" as I can. What I have seen, on a lot of shows, seems awfully scripted.

I've watched a few of them and I really like some of them. Sons Of Guns, Top Shot, NY Ink, Pawn Stars, LA Ink, Ink Masters are pretty good. I really like the Ink and gun parts of the shows, but most of the "drama" stuff doesn't really do it for me. I guess it depends on your definition of "reality show".
Yep, you are right. A few years ago when they aired "The Madhouse" with the races at Bowman Gray Stadium here in WS, those of us who are regulars saw totally different racing and characters that we have watched for years. Reality shows are entertaining to many people because of the drama that is meant to be shown. They tape a weeks worth of stuff and then have to edit it down to about 50 minutes or less. I believe that even without the prompting of the camera people, there would be some drama anyway. When you put enough people that have never known each other and make them live side by side doing various things that require strength, smarts and food, it doesn't take long before someone decides that someone else isn't doing their part. But the real basis for these type of shows is to find the right people to participate. If they aren't controversial, they won't do. I'm not a big fan of any of those shows, but my wife loves them and wants me to watch with her. It's kind of our date nights, Wednesday and Sunday other than racing. That's enough for me but she is a die hard American Idol fan and wont miss that for anything. The shows that I will not watch, no matter what, are those like the bachelor that play with real emotions of the participants. The worst I ever saw was "Temptation Island". Why on Earth would any married couple partake in such a show? Even if my wife just asked me if I would like to do it, I would begin to wonder if there was something wrong with our marriage. But I know the wife feels the same way that I do on that. In fact we both agree that we could never do one of those shows as a team. She always thinks that she is right, and I know she never is right. I don't think that I would end up with a black eye, but then again...

Back
Top Bottom