AMA Supercross 2013

Yahama wasn't Stewarts problem, the lack of training wheels and staying on the seat is the issue.

I will be rooting for Villopoto and Reed. But as long as the monster energy girls are holding up them cards, I am a happy camper

Yamaha was a huge problem for James. He had to push that pos way past it's limits and it got him into trouble at times. When he's got his bike dialed in no one can touch him. Not Dirty Chad or Ginger Villapoto.

Then of course he's the fastest thing in Anaheim and tweaks his knee in some flukey way and finishes his heat in 3rd despite running the last few laps at 50% effort.

I will concede that Stewart is the master of a single lap, but the object is to put the fastest 20 laps together, and I think Villopoto for the last 3 years has been better.

Good to see Canard and Milsaps up front.
Good race. Congrats Milsaps

I just returned home from the race and and man it was packed today. I seen Rutledge Wood and Ralph Sheheen at the pit party. I can't wait until we get to do it again in two weeks.

It was pretty exciting watching Barcia hold off Villopoto for the win in the 1st heat race.:)

Nascar racing has always been my favorite, and will probably always be my favorite, I feel invested.

But if I had to identify the current greatest warriors I would point to the AMA motocross guys.
They are today's racing true grit. Reading the riders injury reports is sobering. It isn't like the killer years of the 60s that killed some great race car drivers, but almost none of the top motocross guys get a clean uninjured year.

I smacked talked with Matthew's2470s in my earlier post, but Stewart is rugged as well as the others.
The points battle is almost a thing of attrition between the quartet of Villopoto, Dungey, Reed, and Stewart. Injury is there biggest enemy, and if they stay healthy each probably has a better than 50 % shot at the championship
And that is no disrespect to the actual racing, it is very competitive but risky.

Trey Canard is another good story, I almost feel like his extraordinary comeback is taken for granted, it is courageous but in room full of warriors it just isn't the dominant story.

If I was an impressionable teenager, I think I would be more inspired by these racers, they have the grit, and the glory of some great trophy girls.

Chad Reed once again proving what a worthless hunk of $hit he really is.

There is no need to be upset that's just racing. Stewart perhaps the greatest crash artist to ever live is simply a busted up racer. While Reed in spite of last years horrendous crash is far less delicate. Reed unlike Stewart also understands you must finish the events, hence he needed to discard the bike of the hobbled competitor.

Note the following concept can prove beneficial for Stewart and his fans: Getting back up and finishing is the goal, while Stewart's fans may be confused by his ability to record a single fast lap, you must finish to win. Study the difference between a 100 yard dash, verses a 5k or 10k run. This is why he tossed Stewart's bike, giving Stewart fans dysentery or gifting them with something they have already embraced is a needless task,

I know it seems cruel, but Stewart a morning glory wasn't going to be around at the end to compete with Villopoto anyway. At this point Stewart probably would be better off just testing bikes, and restricted to running three laps at a time. After all he is blazing fast, and he could find some speed for another racer with discipline to run an entire event while being cautioned not to crash (get hurt) between 3 lap stints.
Perhaps he could work for Reed in the future at 2.2.

Chad Reed pulls another one of his patented idiotic moves and takes out half the field. Total hack.

I can hear the bikes racing from where I live. I was sitting out on the patio watching the race on tv and then all of a sudden I noticed it started raining at the stadium but it wasn't raining where I was at. But it only rained long enough to make the track a little slick. Ryan Dungey kicked azz.

Good run for Stewart in spite of fading and not getting his first podium in almost a year, he didn't wreck. Exploiting bad runs by Villopoto, Reed, and Canard is his best hope, and usually somebody will have problems and give even a Stewart an opportunity to make the top 5. Good for him.

At least Chad didn't take out anyone else in his 3rd consecutive wreck.

Stewart is getting better but nowhere near 100%.

Davi Millsaps is simply amazing....what in the world happened to him? He is incredibly fast, incredibly consistent while people like Villopoto, Reed, Stewart & Dungey find themselves deep in the field every week!

The competition just gets tougher and better every year.
Until recently it was the quartet Stewart, Reed, Dungey or Villopoto for the wins and titles. Usually the one who didnt get injured had the best shot.
But now it six big names with Barcia and Millsaps in the mix, and Canard is no slouch either.

Villopotos inconsistency has surprised me, this year. I am not sure if him or the bike, but he looses the front end traction a lot this season

Thank God Zach Bell is ok and walked away, that was a scary crash.

James Stewart is finally healthy enough to contend for a win and his effing clutch breaks. Unreal.

James Stewart is finally healthy enough to contend for a win and his effing clutch breaks. Unreal.

While I am not his biggest fan I do respect his passion, and I regret the clutch problem. He was strong in the heat win, and would have been tough in the main imo.

I am not the biggest Stewart fan, but sandwiched between Saturdays scary finish, and todays Danicafest he scored a huge and well deserved win at Atlanta last night.
I have to admit he is currently very strong, fast and smart. He isnt making many mistakes this year and poised to reel off some good runs.

I root for Villipoto but in spite of his 3 wins he isnt as consitent or as confident this year (wreckers or checkers). I am not sure he can catch Milsaps who isnt as fast as the two mentined, but he gets a podium almost every week.

Been following it this year after 3 or 4 years. That Millsaps looks real good and I have always liked Stewart but it sure seems like he has been around a long time. Is he close to retirement?

Been following it this year after 3 or 4 years. That Millsaps looks real good and I have always liked Stewart but it sure seems like he has been around a long time. Is he close to retirement?

James turned 27 a couple of months ago so I doubt he'll be able to do this much longer. My guess is that he'll retire after his final race in 2014. At that point somenone might test him in a stock car.

Millsaps had one of his worst finshes this year at St Louis with a 6th. Villopoto with a win gained points.

Was that Villapoto pass even legal?

I haven't seen the entire event, I DVR'd it because the telecast was on while the cup race was in progress. When I did try to watch it, they only aired the 250 races.

The speed center highlights showed a red flag period, RV was penalized for passing at the time , with a 3 grid spot penalty. I am not sure if that addresses your question or not. I hope to see a speed replay this week.

The blonde Honda Card girl with the red top, has the best working hip movement in all of motorsports

Without pics or video your comments are pretty much useless.:mad:

If found will meditate then post. But the event is on speed now, just check the begining of each race

Great looking track tonight. Alot of passing opportunities making for exciting racing thus far. :D

Was that Villapoto pass even legal?

It was, not allowed to pass during the red cross flag, yellow you
are. Stupid rule, what's the point of a waving yellow flag if you can pass?

Glad to see Canard walk away that boy has been hurt enough already

Marvin musquin has kinda surprised me... It's definitely turning into the Villopoto show. Sucks.

Track is badass! Speed Channel right now. LCQ's coming up

Back
Top Bottom