American 200 at The Rock

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
This is it, all roads lead to Rockingham and the championship for the ARCA Racing Series presented by RE/MAX and Menards.

Three drivers seperated by 20 points, an epic championship battle to be decided at the high banks of Rockingham Speedway!

The race will air live next Saturday afternoon on SPEED... and if it's as good as last year's American 200, this will be a treat!:beerbang:

The #31 car ran a 24.731 in the morning session and was second on the speed charts.

It runs a 26.61 in the afternoon session and is now 27th on the charts.

The difference: Scott Wimmer drove the car in the morning and Tim George, Jr. drove it in the afternoon.

Why does this guy (TGJ) keep getting ARCA rides? Oh yeah, because he has money.

The #31 car ran a 24.731 in the morning session and was second on the speed charts.

It runs a 26.61 in the afternoon session and is now 27th on the charts.

The difference: Scott Wimmer drove the car in the morning and Tim George, Jr. drove it in the afternoon.

Why does this guy (TGJ) keep getting ARCA rides? Oh yeah, because he has money.

He isn't the greatest on the ovals, but he has improved a lot this year. Practice times don't mean anything. Tim George Jr. was the fastest car in practice earlier this year at Berlin. And, I was unable to see what happened with NJ this year, but you said he was leading and probably would have won the race if Casey Roderick had not taken him out. He is a road course guy, but it's still impressive to be able to do that in a competitive series like ARCA. And about the money thing, ALL of the drivers have plenty of money.

He isn't the greatest on the ovals, but he has improved a lot this year. Practice times don't mean anything. Tim George Jr. was the fastest car in practice earlier this year at Berlin. And, I was unable to see what happened with NJ this year, but you said he was leading and probably would have won the race if Casey Roderick had not taken him out. He is a road course guy, but it's still impressive to be able to do that in a competitive series like ARCA. And about the money thing, ALL of the drivers have plenty of money.

The equipment he's in, he should be top five every week regardless.

Kyle Grissom was fastest in UARA Practice, Live coverage of that race tomorrow at 11am EST on Race22.com, followed by the ARCA race at 1:30pm EST on SPEED.

Unfortunately, I have somewhere to be tomorrow and will miss the ARCA race (again:mad:), I think I've only seen 3 ARCA races this year.

Swindell qualified on the pole(i think it's his ARCA debut). Goess qualified 3rd, getting the 5 bonus points. So, now he is only 5 points out of the lead, behind Sheltra.

Swindell qualified on the pole(i think it's his ARCA debut). Goess qualified 3rd, getting the 5 bonus points. So, now he is only 5 points out of the lead, behind Sheltra.

Don Radebaugh said Kevin Swindell's run ARCA before a few years ago.

2006, Kevin made four starts in the ARCA circuit (Salem, Winchester, Toledo, Salem II)

2006, Kevin made four starts in the ARCA circuit (Salem, Winchester, Toledo, Salem II)

I was actually at all 4 of those races, I guess I just didn't remember. I remember seeing him in USAC Midgets last year though. He was good in the K&N Pro series East this year also.

Nevermind, just saw the crowd shot on the SPEED Podcast.

Not good, but not terrible either. Pretty good crowd for ARCA, maybe 10,000. That's better than I thought it would be!

Nevermind, just saw the crowd shot on the SPEED Podcast.

Not good, but not terrible either. Pretty good crowd for ARCA, maybe 10,000. That's better than I thought it would be!

Yeah, that's what I was going to give them, 8,000-10,000. And you never know how many of the suites are full. As Andy noted, ARCA has had some pretty pathetic crowds at The Rock since the other Andy brought it back from the dead, that wasn't too bad at all. Not like NASCAR isn't having attendance problems. :eek: Personally, I'd recommend Iowa for the ARCA finale. They practically sell that place out every time.

Excellent race I might add, only 3 cautions, I believe?

Yeah, that's what I was going to give them, 8,000-10,000. And you never know how many of the suites are full. As Andy noted, ARCA has had some pretty pathetic crowds at The Rock since the other Andy brought it back from the dead, that wasn't too bad at all. Not like NASCAR isn't having attendance problems. :eek: Personally, I'd recommend Iowa for the ARCA finale. They practically sell that place out every time.

Excellent race I might add, only 3 cautions, I believe?

They did have the finale at Iowa once. The inagural season of the track. The only problem was it was way too cold in October in Iowa. When I went to Iowa in 2008(in April) the crowd was bad.... The weather at Toledo for the finale wasnt too bad. I thought it's cool having them end at a short track. I think the finale would be good at Toledo or Salem(if they repave it....)

Still a pathetic turn out at a track that has a lot of history, especially for a race that was going down to the wire for the championship. Arca better re-think some of its' marketing and advertising because it isn't working too well. How the hell do they have enough money to pay the purse?

Still a pathetic turn out at a track that has a lot of history, especially for a race that was going down to the wire for the championship. Arca better re-think some of its' marketing and advertising because it isn't working too well. How the hell do they have enough money to pay the purse?

Their purses aren't good. That's why the Cup drivers haven't invaded ARCA yet.

10,000 -- that's more than what showed up for the IndyCar race at Miami a week ago.

ive heard their payouts are piss poor even compared to alot of the Lucas Oil Dirt Late Model Shows.

ive heard their payouts are piss poor even compared to alot of the Lucas Oil Dirt Late Model Shows.

Someone else might have more knowledge of ARCA purses, and where they're published. But you can see a very small amount of them on their website, if you did deeply.

This link should be the June Pocono I race, on the schedule portion of the ARCA website. Then I'm under the "factsheets" tab: http://www.arcaracing.com/schedule.php?contentid=1453 If that link works, you'll see the posted awards were $203,100.

Most races don't have this information, or even the "factsheets" tab. I found Salem I in 2010 had a total purse of $103,000. Kentucky in 2009 had a total purse of around $186,000.

And that's about all the deeper I feel like digging. :D

EDIT: No, you have to manually click on the "factsheets" tab in my link to see the posted awards for that race.

Back
Top Bottom