American Hero

I posted that in the Black Flag forum a few days ago. Yes, Major Winters was a real hero. I can't imagine leading men like he did. Had he not been made Major and battalion commander, he would have undoubtedly done more. But of course, commanding was one of his strengths as well. RIP Dick

Yeah, Buckaroo, didn't see that you already posted it. I thought the Black Flag was just for drivers. Anywho, Maj.Winters was a hell of a man in a terrible time. Not many WWII guys left.

In memory of Major Winters, I have begun watching the entire series of Band of Brothers, despite what the wife thinks. Not that she is anti-war or that she doesn't care for Major Winters or the Band of Brothers. She would just rather watch QVC and spend money. I pray that we don't lose someone that she believes is a hero! I don't think that I can afford that. :(

Yeah, Buckaroo, didn't see that you already posted it. I thought the Black Flag was just for drivers. Anywho, Maj.Winters was a hell of a man in a terrible time. Not many WWII guys left.
I forgot, we still have a lot of WW II guys left. Yes, they are leaving us in bunches, but we still have bunches of them left. My father is still around, US Navy in the Pacific. BTW, One of Major Winters men Sgt Bill Garnier, commented on his death. If you recall, Garnier didn't take up to Winters at first. Called him a Morman I do believe.

I forgot, we still have a lot of WW II guys left. Yes, they are leaving us in bunches, but we still have bunches of them left. My father is still around, US Navy in the Pacific. BTW, One of Major Winters men Sgt Bill Garnier, commented on his death. If you recall, Garnier didn't take up to Winters at first. Called him a Morman I do believe.

Yeah, there's still some but the numbers are dwindling. My uncle was in Saipan when he was 19, he's still here.

Back
Top Bottom