American Idol

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK, finals time:)

Justin or Kelley?????

POOOOOOOOOOOOT, oops, excuse me:p

Dang Kat, Abooja hasn't even made the beans yet.....:)

I love Kelly and hope she takes it, but I guess we'll see. Not everyone gets to look like an electrocuted dandelion like Justin (still love that quote!)

Anyhoo, I'll be watching (and taping it for out-o-town relatives).

HH, I only pooooooot cuz I'm an old timer now, so I guess that's allowed.
PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Hey Kat, whatcha thinkin so far? Kelly made that song her own!!!!

And that brit that won is a pansy.....oops, I didn't say that!:anon:

Quite honestly HH, I am now torn..... voice, presence, confused kitty.
And yah, altho the brit sounded like a reborn Beatle era dude, and sang great, limp wrist....ooops no offense intended.

Kelly all the way. I can't stand Justin. One of the reasons he has gotten this far is cause all the teenage girls must think he's cute or something. I'm not saying he's not a good singer or performer. But Kelly is awsome. Simon hit the nail on the head when he siad she was this years american idol.

I must confess: I watched today's show. :eek: Couldn't help myself, what with this thread and all...

I've got some questions for the more AI-savvy amongst you:

- Do you think a girl like Kelly can win something like this? I mean, it's called American Idol, and being an idol is about much more than just talent. Sex appeal comes to mind...I wonder if the shallow American public can get past the fact that she's not a skinny, perfect looking little Britney clone and make her a real star.

- Do you think Justin is for real? I mean, the smiling, the hand over the heart, the "I love you"s to audience members...What's up with all that?! Is it a put-on or is it genuine? I honestly can't tell. If it's real, then I hate him just a bit less. But something tells me a marketing genius got a hold of this kid and he's phonier than a $2 bill.

- What's the deal with the English dude? I was in the next room when he first got on the air, so I didn't get why he was even there until I read this thread. He won something with that voice? Was that not the lamest song ever?! And, for a guy with a major lisp, you'd think he'd pick a song with not quite so many esses.

Errr...that's about it, I guess. :)

Well, the limited guys I've talked to about the show think Kelly is really cute and like her figure (um, butt) as well....:rolleyes:

Guess that's better than sideshow bob Justin. Kelly's got some pipes on her, I hope she wins....

But either way, they have a recording contract, so they're both winners. I think Justin might have a bit of an advantage though since both Insinc (thank God I don't know how to spell it) and Backstreet Boys are out of the scene...

Man, I'm so out of it that I thought Nsync was still in the scene! :headshake

Don't get me wrong...I wish Kelly wins, and becomes a successful, professional singer. It might help restore .00009% of my faith in humanity. :)

Still wondering about that Justin...

God, I should NEVER have turned out that t.v.!!! :cookoo:

No, abooja, more like this: :fro:

Or this when he sings Michael Jackson! :rainfro:

No, HH. :cookoo: is for me! Looks sorta like my hair, plus I'm INSANE for getting even this involved in the stupid show.

I am so embarrassed. :eek:

BTW, of course you all agree, that the two hosts should be disemboweled? :huh:

Oh, I know shoot me now!

But I can't help it!!!! :lurking:

YEAH....KELLY!!!!
BOOOO...AFRO-FREAK!!! He cant sing worth CRAP!

I must agree: Kelly has the voice, but Side show Bob has all the teenage girls drooling! But both will get record deals (do they still call it that?)

I would have to say that since I could find nothing else to watch and the couch was the best place for me last night...I watched the show. I also wanted to see what all the hype was over this. If I were to make a choice I would pick Kelly. Justin just didn't do it for me the hair has to go. Hey is he working on dreads? It was looking kinda rough last night.

Originally posted by IronMan28
I would have to say that since I could find nothing else to watch and the couch was the best place for me last night...I watched the show.  I also wanted to see what all the hype was over this.  If  I were to make a choice I would pick Kelly.  Justin just didn't do it for me  the hair has to go.  Hey is he working on dreads?  It was looking kinda rough last night.
Uuummmmmmmmmmm...IRONMAN28! YOU REALLY HAVE TO WORK ON YOUR AVATAR!!! :rolleyes: POOH! WHY POOH? I mean if you are a woman I can understand, but If you aren't....I'M WORRIED ABOUT YOU! Just that Your name dont go very well with the avatar.

Ironman28 is a woman.....the name is for Ricky Rudd, she is fan, and I would asume likes Pooh.

I don't see the big conflict of interest.

Originally posted by HappyHour
Ironman28 is a woman.....the name is for Ricky Rudd, she is fan, and I would asume likes Pooh.

aktion033.gif

Originally posted by HappyHour

I was just wondering! ITs NO biggie to me! I KNEW the IRONMAN28 was FOR RUDD, just that the cuteness of the avatar didn't match well with the TOUGHNESS of the NAME!:eek: :p That just caught my EYE thats all.

Can't believe no one commented on the big winner.

I won't say his/her name, just in case someone missed it who actually cares.

:)

Originally posted by abooja
Can't believe no one commented on the big winner.

I won't say his/her name, just in case someone missed it who actually cares.

:)

The best person won.

Originally posted by DUPONT_24_fan
Uuummmmmmmmmmm...IRONMAN28! YOU REALLY HAVE TO WORK ON YOUR AVATAR!!! :rolleyes: POOH! WHY POOH? I mean if you are a woman I can understand, but If you aren't....I'M WORRIED ABOUT YOU! Just that Your name dont go very well with the avatar.

Dupont, I am woman 110%. Your right pooh is a little softer then the name but as most women I to have a soft side. When I find a Rudd picture or something else that does it for me I will change again. As far as the worried part, no need to worry.

Dupont, I am woman 110%.  Your right pooh is a little softer then the name but as most women  I to have a soft side.    When I find a Rudd picture or something else that does it for me I will change again.     As far as the worried part, no need to worry.
I apologize if I sounded Rude! Like I said it was an EYE catcher! I like your new one better.....EVEN IF IT IS MIAMI;) !

No offense was taken Dupont. It's pretty hard to offend me. I love the new one also. Will like them even more when they beat the Vols. hehehe It's been along time since I could be proud of Miami and gloat over them.

No offense was taken Dupont.   It's pretty hard to offend me.  

I should say so, look who yer tangled up with. ;)

Well...when put it that way TWF hmmmm No just teasing ya.

On the topic, I was glad to see who won. Although, I still don't see all the hype over the show. And to think they are gonna have another one.

The best part of that show was when they were having all the early auditions. Some people were so horrible.

Once it got serious it wasn't fun anymore and was merely self-congratulatory.

Having only watched the last couple of shows, I saw the auditions for the first time last night. Yikes! What were those people thinking?! Even Paula Abdul had a hard time lavishing praise on some of them. I guess some folks are just that hard up to break into show business. They don't ever take the time to realize they're completely talentless. :rolleyes:

Talent has so little to do with it anymore, it's all about marketability. If the music industry were based solely on talent, we would have never heard of (among many others) Ozzy Osbourne - the man can't sing, folks, much as I love him; Alice Cooper - ditto; any of the boy bands; Cyndi Lauper; any grunge bad after Nirvana and Pearl Jam; any rapper; the list goes on and on. I have CDs from bands y'all have never heard of who just BURY the successful bands of the same type music from the same era as far as talent goes. But which CD are you gonna buy - Poison or D'Molls? Motley Crue or Every Mother's Nightmare? Bon Jovi or Rhino Bucket? It's all about who sells CDs, not how talented they are. For every successful act in music, there are at least 10 who are less successful. For each of those 10, there are 50 who are signed and releasing CDs, but you never heard of them. For each of those 50, there are 200 being considered for signing. For each of those 200, there are 500 trying to get to THAT point. So a Garth Brooks, or an Aerosmith, or Madonna, or whoever is truly a rarity.

Agreed, Ward.

And I'm not saying that platinum record sales and videos on MTV are proof of bonafide talent or anything else, just that some of those people auditioning were unappealing in every way imaginable. Ozzy may not have a classically good singing voice, but it's one that I happen to enjoy. So do you, I think, and millions of other people. He's also got charisma and stage presence.

The chick doing that falsetto, pseudo-operatic thing for her audition could draw nothing but rotten tomatoes and deafening boos. I guess you could get her some voice lessons and plastic surgery, but why waste time grooming her for mediocrity when thousands of other ready-made no-talents exist?

Oh, I love me some Ozzy. Didn't ya notice the pic I put in the Spam thread about missing the guitarist? That was Randy Rhoads, Ozzy's original guitarist after he left Balck Sabbath, and in my opinion, the best to ever play a guitar bar none.

Image really IS everything in that business.

Yep, I noticed it. And your KISS avatar, of course, plus tons more references to metal and other forms of rock. Just didn't want to put words in your mouth, is all. :)

Rock!
musik005.gif

Oh, I just never saw a conversation go from Randy Rhoads to Morrissey and George Michael that fast before. :ROFLMFAO:

Just threw in my Ozzy 3-pak of Diary of a Madman, Bark at the Moon, and The Ultimate Sin. Thanks for giving me the idea, Ward!

Enjoy, neighbors...
musik006.gif

Back
Top Bottom