And to think

de7xwcc

Anarchist
we might lose this track for an exciting race at Cali. or KC i can't wait

:bslfag: :bslfag: :bslfag: :bslfag:

Yeah, can't wait to see another great race at those (I hate this term) cookie cutters. :yawner: -_-

The lady did a fine job of showing why we need to keep her. After this weekend, I think she has a good chance of staying on the schedule. I can't say the same about Rockingham, however.

I love Darlington ---- even in the rain. LOL
It's a throw-back to the "good-old-days" of racing. This is the track that will separate the men from the boys.

I think the biggest reason that Darlington may be at risk of losing a date is because while Jim Hunter was president he pretty much drove the place into the ground. It is one of the least fan friendly facilities out there. My first trip was in 2000. I was so excited and so disappointed when I returned home. The racing was good but pretty much everything else left me wanting for more and I paid more for the tickets than I had ever paid for a race at MIS. Upon arrival I needed to find a restroom (not unusual after that long of a drive) and discovered that you had to get thru the gates first to find even a portajohn. That was a rediculously long trip to get to the gates even tho we arrived several hours before racetime. We were parked in a muddy grassy area littered already with trash. We were crammed into bleacher seats that were barely big enough for a preteen child and even that child would have had to deal with knees in the middle of the back because the rows are positioned too close together. The restrooms were gross and the concession attendants rude. Since then I have been to Daytona, Rockingham, and Charlotte and found them all to be more fan friendly than Darlington would ever dream of. I have been to Darlington several times since and while they have remedied the portajohn situation they have dont nothing else with any of the other problems.

Kel

Originally posted by de7xwcc@Mar 17 2003, 07:15 AM
we might lose this track for an exciting race at Cali. or KC i can't wait

:bslfag: :bslfag: :bslfag: :bslfag:
Darlington has some great racing, but i noticed a few empty seats on sunday. California or Kansas could easily fill the seats they have. For Nascar it is all about money, even if the racing is better at Darlington than the big market track.

NASCAR is living by the motto build them and they will come. And they will; then they'll doze off and not come back again. I have several friends who live in the Vegas and Kansas area. They all seem to think the current surge in NASCAR attendance there is due in part to the newness and that they would not go to races at the same track. And my neice who went to the Kansas race last year isn't going this year.

I have been to Kansas every year, and love it. I would hope that they would add another Kansas race in here because I usually don't get to see races over here. I wouldn't like to see a race come from Darlington though. It is definetely bringing in new NASCAR fans over here, they really do need to spread out a little, all over the US.

Originally posted by gordon24fan+Mar 17 2003, 07:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gordon24fan @ Mar 17 2003, 07:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--de7xwcc@Mar 17 2003, 07:15 AM
we might lose this track for an exciting&nbsp; race at Cali. or KC&nbsp; i can't wait&nbsp;

:bslfag:&nbsp; :bslfag:&nbsp; :bslfag:&nbsp; :bslfag:
Darlington has some great racing, but i noticed a few empty seats on sunday. California or Kansas could easily fill the seats they have. For Nascar it is all about money, even if the racing is better at Darlington than the big market track. [/b][/quote]
I was going to sit in that area.Only a few hundred seats were not sold. Those seats are the worst seats in racing too. They may have shade over them but the price for those hard seats are over 100 dollars which is rip off.

That is why those seats were at half capacity.
And I am positive while a 75,000 seats may look good on tv 125,000 looks better with the money! ;)

Back
Top Bottom