Another Blonde Joke

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
Two blonde girls were working for the city public works department.
One would dig a hole and the other would follow behind her and fill the hole in. They worked up one side of the street, then down the other, then moved on to the next street, working furiously all day without rest, one girl digging a hole, the other girl filling it in again.

An onlooker was amazed at their hard work, but could not understand what they were doing. So he asked the hole digger, "I'm impressed by the effort you two are putting in to your work, but I don't get it -- why do you dig a hole, only to have your partner follow behind and fill it up again?"

The hole digger wiped her brow and sighed, "Well, I suppose it probably looks odd because we're normally a three-person team. But today the girl who plants the trees called in sick."

True story...a friend of mine works for the City. His primary job is to drive the water truck to water the city's trees and plantings. Want to guess what he does when it is pouring so hard you can't see...(not that it's happened this year)...yep, he's out driving the truck so some poor schlub can unhook the hose and water the plants...
They have to follow the watering schedule regardless of the weather.

Back
Top Bottom