another concussion.bowman out

The rear corners/frame on the car were reinforced to protect the transaxle after the first race at the clash. The reinforcements were done because two transaxles failed because of impacts in the Clash race at the coliseum. So Kurt and now Alex have hit the worst/stiffest part of the car to have an accident at the rear corners and suffered concussions because of it.

He said it was the hardest hit he had ever felt in a crash, and he was surprised the car was still rolling. This sucks and I hope they find a solution soon before anyone else is injured. :(

As was suggested way back when by the drivers, whatever and however NASCAR went about crash testing these cars was COMPLETELY inadequate, DESPITE having a whole extra year to get it right. To get a concussion from a wreck that didn't even put the car out of the race is just beyond absurd.

Here is a really good example of the older car rear end first into the wall and the energy that it absorbs.

Never understood how those didn't rupture the fuel cell. Maybe have to build a U shaped cell that straddles the transaxle? Then can make everything squish like the old stuff.

Alex Bowman was in his sprint car on Tuesday. Make of that what you will.

Jimmie Johnson is the observer.

1664506342415.jpeg

1664506478993.jpeg

Strange activity for someone with a concussion. Seriously, I’m a fan of Alex and want him healthy. But seeing him racing a sprint car same week as declared out for Cup needs some explanation.

My guess is when he was after getting out of the sprint car. Or is there some sort of conspiracy we looking for?
I would never believe he got in a sprint car if he knew he had a concussion. I hope he doesn't get back in a cup car until he is 100% sure he is good to go. There will be another championship run next year.

John Force Racing changed their seat/head restraint/roll cage surround after losing a driver. This car is a stupid design. I predicted broken backs early in the season. Thankfully no broken backs just scrambled brains. Drivers don't need brains anyway, amiright? I couldn't watch that whole video. So dumbed down it's ridiculous. Too much tip-toeing around. MUST BROWNNOSE NASCAR!

I think the drivers are organized over this. "Dega is where they squared off with Big Bill back in the day, and he pulled the NASCAR will go on without you line. This is a new day, and that no longer holds. How far does this go before the drivers refuse to get in the cars? I understand the sanctioning body running he series with a heavy hand, but clearly, they aren't listening, and the drivers are pissed. I can't help but feel that some kind of a statement will be made this weekend....beyond the social media thing.

As for Bowman and his sprint car, he was less likely to crash being the only car on the track. He'd have a greater risk racing at Talladega. As someone mentioned about the Dolphins QB, he suffered an apparent head injury on Sunday and played last night. Many have said he was risking further head trauma or even death by playing so soon. The same could be applied to Bowman. Maybe he didn't feel some of the signs until he was in the sprint car. Only he can answer that.

Harvick and Hamlin both took to Twitter last night to mention their concerns about the stiffness of the new car last fall. Both are fed up from little being done NOW. We may see a parade on Sunday until the last few laps as drivers show their concerns to get NASCAR's attention.

As for Bowman and his sprint car, he was less likely to crash being the only car on the track. He'd have a greater risk racing at Talladega. As someone mentioned about the Dolphins QB, he suffered an apparent head injury on Sunday and played last night. Many have said he was risking further head trauma or even death by playing so soon. The same could be applied to Bowman. Maybe he didn't feel some of the signs until he was in the sprint car. Only he can answer that.

Harvick and Hamlin both took to Twitter last night to mention their concerns about the stiffness of the new car last fall. Both are fed up from little being done NOW. We may see a parade on Sunday until the last few laps as drivers show their concerns to get NASCAR's attention.
Highly doubtful. Maybe there will be more conservative moving around in the pack but I am not holding my breath. Despite the concern and with some the hysteria being shown, comparing the driver's injuries in other series this year with the new car being not as safe (which is a temporary situation) as years previous Nascar's safety record is still right there up at the top. It's just not where the fans and the industry needs for it to be. It will get there though.

Pretty sure Dale Jr raced for 3 races in 2016 after his Michigan crash.

And how did that work out for him? In the 20th century drivers never stopped racing after multiple concussions all year.

Im not sure what you’re trying to debate with me here for. Perhaps concussion symptoms can pop up out of nowhere after a crash and the only precaution is not to be stupid.

Back
Top Bottom