Another useless info you don't need to know thread

H

HardScrabble

Haven't put one up in a while. Some old items some new ones.

Butterflies taste with their feet.

In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all of the world's nuclear weapons combined.

On average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year.

On average people fear spiders more than they do death.

Ninety percent of New York City cabbies are recently arrived immigrants.

Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are
already married.

Elephants are the only animals that can't jump. (Hippos can jump?)

Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.

It's possible to lead a cow upstairs... but not downstairs.

Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow.

A snail can sleep for three years.

No word in the English language rhymes with "MONTH."

Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.

Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing. - SCARY!!!

The electric chair was invented by a dentist.

All polar bears are left-handed.

In ancient Egypt, priests plucked EVERY hair from their bodies, including their eyebrows and eyelashes.

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.

"Go," is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.

If Barbie were life-size, her measurements would be 39-23-33. She would stand seven feet, two inches tall.

A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.

The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.

Americans on average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.

I tried licking my elbow and your right, that doesn't work.:lol2:

It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow.

Unless you're Gene Simmons. :nyanya:

:leap: That makes me above average. I eat more pizza that that. LOL

:D TN-WARD-FAN. I take it your a 22 fan. So is my sister. I notice your location is TN Mount. You fron any where neat Knox or close to Chatt.

He lives in the back hills of East TN. You know, where they have to go outside to use the restroom.;) :p How he got an internet connection I have no clue. Guess he's a little more advanced than the others in his area.:D

:D Well if they got internet maybe they have indoor plumming. LOL

LOL Yes we finally got indoor plumbing about a week ago. I am still trying to figure out how we have an internet connection here in the back hills. Oh and BTW I am TN's other half. We live I would say about an hour and half from Knoxville and it takes us 3 1/2 to get my mom's in Charlotte.:p

Don't you mean BETTER half?;)

Humm....internet before plumbing....what's this world coming to?:D

Originally posted by Gollum
:D TN-WARD-FAN. I take it your a 22 fan. So is my sister. I notice your location is TN Mount. You fron any where neat Knox or close to Chatt.

BC, :takethat: :p

I'm between Newport and Johnson City...Greene County. I can be on a mountain quicker than BC can get across town. :D Yes, we have internet up here in the boonies...cable internet even. We got all kinds of high tech doodads these days. Indoor plumbing too. Not to say we have sold our souls in the name of modern advancement though. It's a nice peaceful quiet way of life, and I wouldn't trade it for all the trappings of city life. In fact, I did the exact opposite.

BC, your fantasy football team did well, congrats. I need to stick to the racing it looks like.

Originally posted by B.C. - 24
Don't you mean BETTER half?;)  

Humm....internet before plumbing....what's this world coming to?:D

Who needs plumbing when you can go outside and pee without 472 neighbors staring at you? :p

Hello IM28, lunchtime I presume.

Actually Ward-Fan, I'm quite jealous of where you live. I grew up out in the country of West Tennessee. And I do miss it at times. I'm currently building a house in LaVergne but that's not exactly the country. But at least it's not right in Nashville either.

I haven't even looked at the fantasy football since I set my lineup last week. Guess I'll have to go check it out. I've got a pretty good team but then I thought everybody had a pretty good team. The one thing I can't do is fantasy racing, for some reason I'm terrible at that. So I just gave up on it.:rolleyes:

Oh yea, I can get from downtown Nasvhille to my apartment in the Boro in 45 minutes. How long does it take you to get up that mountain? Without the mountain goat chasing you...;)

Oh yea, I can get from downtown Nasvhille to my
apartment in the Boro in 45 minutes. How long does it take
you to get up that mountain? Without the mountain goat
chasing you...

I'm about 2 miles from the base of the mountain. Factor in that I have a 4X4, and that I drive it like I stole it, and I got ya beat by a good 20 minutes.

Lavergne, huh? Speed Trap USA still, or has that calmed down?

Originally posted by HardScrabble

Is that all? Seems like at least 98%. And none of them know where the hell they're going. But, then, neither do the natural born cabbies. (Should be a horror flick, Natural Born Cabbies. Starring Bobby D, of course.)

Originally posted by HardScrabble
Haven't put one up in a while. Some old items some new ones.

On average people fear spiders more than they do death.

I am scared to DEATH of spiders....workers replacing portions of my deck found hundreds of Black Widows!!! Snakes don't bother me at all.

As to cabbies, I think maybe only 2% nationwide are NOT recently arrived immigrants.

Makes me wonder about that hippo tho :p
I collect elephants and haven't seen one jump yet, hehehe

Any you girls want me to prove that elbow theory wrong?:p Just curious.:D :nyanya:

Uhhh.....pbunch, I'm dunno what you mean by that but I'm a little worried as to where you might be going with it.:sketchy:

I feel like an idiot. Of course I read the elbow thing and had to try it. Too bad my boss had to walk by at that moment.

Originally posted by HappyHour
I feel like an idiot.  Of course I read the elbow thing and had to try it.  Too bad my boss had to walk by at that moment.

ROFL!!!

At least you didn't do the Pbunch thing when your boss was walking by! :p

BUT it is physically possible for me to lick TN WARD's elbow, although why I would want to I have no clue. Just a thought.:p

I just tried licking my....

And it worked...guess I'll be gone for a while...

Ok that was gross...sorry.

Back
Top Bottom