Answer to Tina Gordon thread

P

PettyBenson

For some reason I am unable to access that thread the normal way, so i went in and search for the latest threds from DJfan and got in that way. Now I am unable to reply in that thread so here is what i would have said in there if I was ale to post in there.

Yes Kyle will be back in the trucks but not untill his b-dayin may
and yes even though they re changing numbers the team will still get the provisonal points. Think of when the 42 changed to 01. harvick did get the points when the number changed from #3 to #29, Same thing when the 17 changed to 35 them to 45 the to 10 the points stayed with the team. Next year the #01 car will still have the same points as the #36 car did. Points stay with the car no matter what number or driver is behind the wheel.

Thanks bunches for that info on the car numbers. I read a while back that Mark Martin is gonna run a couple of the truck races in the truck that Kyle will be running come May 2003. It is usually pretty unlikely that a driver goes home but there are a few tracks where they get more than the allotted entry spots and Mark will help make sure that there are some points for that truck to use if need be. I dont recall who else is gonna fill the seat till then, it seems there was another driver besides Mark but it wasnt another Cup driver. I'll see if I can find it after work. By then someone will probably have it up here and make it easy for me.

Kel

I guess there was not another driver involved, I found the original story and it only mentions Mark and Kyle. I guess they figure Mark will be enough of a presence :)

"Mark Martin will return to the CTS in 2003 and drive the #99 Roush Racing Ford until Las Vegas' Kyle Busch turns 18 years old. Busch drove the #99 truck in six races last season until he was forced out of the series when NASCAR mandated that drivers in all of its touring series be at least 18. Busch, who turned 17 on May 2, has been driving in the ASA series this season. Martin agreed to drive the truck, which team owner Jack Roush has fielded in only one race this year, to help the team gain owners points until Busch becomes eligible to take over. Martin has not competed in the Truck Series since 1996, when he drove in two races. He posted a victory at North Wilkesboro Speedway and a third-place finish at Richmond International Raceway. If the 2003 NCTS schedule remains the same as this year, Busch would miss only three races before he is able to return to the truck and compete for Rookie of the Year honors."

Kel

Back
Top Bottom