Any Denny Hamlin fans here?

Simple Fan

First or Last
Doesn't seem like Denny has any fans on here. Seems like the most popular drivers on this site are either Dale Jr., Kyle Busch, Brad Keselowski, Joey Logano, or Chase Elliott. Alot of respect for guys like Jimmie, Harvick, Kenseth, and Larson but no one really seems to be behind Denny Hamlin.

I could take him or leave him personally. He's never been a guy I care for or even root for despite being a teammate of my favorite driver. I think he's a good driver but has never been good with pressure. His personality is kind of undescribable in the sense that he's always trying to please people but never does. I really don't have a problem with what he did on track but his apology was totally phoned in and not to real at all. We all know why he did what he did, might as well own up to it and not apologize.

I know this place would be alot busier had Kyle, Brad, Joey, Dale, or any other well liked guy on here did the same. Just doesn't seem like alot defense on the 11's side.

I guess this could eventually turn into a most favorite/hated driver type of thread with the intro but really just wondering if anyone really likes Denny Hamlin?

Never liked him. He's been the driver I dislike the most for almost a decade now. Something about him rubs me the wrong way, and his moronic actions speak for themselves. Plus he has a very punchable looking face.

A friend of a friend used to date his sister, and he confirmed that Denny is an ignorant dbag off the track too. Denny doesn't strike me as the mean spirited type, it just seems like he's not very sharp.

I actually had hopes for him early on. I liked how he sort of came out of nowhere and made the most out of his big shot with Gibbs. Then the smarmy side kind came out and I soured on him. I also think he makes way too many unforced errors on the track, and that is a peeve of mine. His penchant for getting pit road speeding penalties is just one example.

Slightly humorous, but that's just one of things that makes drivers just ignore fans the next time.

The only time I realize that he's still a race car driver is when he does something really stupid like he did last Sunday at Martinsville. And he does that pretty darn often. In other words to me he's not even worth thinking about.

Eventually you would think he would have a temper tantrum because he is not as good as Kyle in equal equipment. But have never liked the guy. He seems like a prick.

Only problem I have with him is that I work for the post office and he drives for Fed Ex haha. I don't mind him or Kyle Busch or any Jibbs Toyoder drivers. At least he has personality. Plus you have to respect his talent and his ability to overcome injuries in the past.

I never really cared for him but was always indifferent really until Sunday night when he pretty much blamed a car behind him for wrecking Chase, I still chuckle at that one. All you need to know about what kind of guy he is, he has his Daytona 500 Car in his living room. What a conversation starter “Oh why is there a car in here? Let me tell you about the time I won the Daytona 500....”

Living in the area around where he is from, there are a decent amount of Hamlin fans, but no where near as many as you would think. Seems to be mostly soft core fans that go for the "home team" because they don't know how else they could pick a driver. That's just my experience anyhow, there's a decent amount of #11 gear walking around RIR but still nothing compared to 18, 88, 24 gear

Never liked him. He's been the driver I dislike the most for almost a decade now. Something about him rubs me the wrong way, and his moronic actions speak for themselves. Plus he has a very punchable looking face.

A friend of a friend used to date his sister, and he confirmed that Denny is an ignorant dbag off the track too. Denny doesn't strike me as the mean spirited type, it just seems like he's not very sharp.
If I had the option of punching Denny Hamlin or Joel Osteen in the kisser I would need to think about it. Actually I wouldn't punch either one of them but I might mess up Joel's hair a little.......:D

Denny was a nice young appreciative dude for the first 2 weeks of his cup career before becoming entitled and now the guy either reminds me of Eeyore or someone that overdue for a BM. I think Denny's biggest problem is that he just isn't that smart and he shouldn't be allowed to speak unless he is prepped by a rep.

Don't mind him really. He was instrumental in getting the drivers council organized behind the low-downforce direction NASCAR has been going.

There was a 4-5 year stretch where Denny was almost unbeatable at Martinsville, Richmond, and Pocono. Three distinct tracks where the talent usually rises to the top.

I think the year where he folded at Phoenix with his first Cup almost locked up, only to lose it to Johnson a week later, had irreparable damage on his psyche, and he has never been quite the same.

I like him, but in a forgettable sense.

Never liked Hamlin. He comes off as very arrogant. The nail in the coffin was when he told brad k. That's what happens when guys come here with no cup experience. Speaking of brad k driving for JRM at the time in the nationwide series.. guys what hambone brad k is actually a series champion now. And will have. MOre "cup" wins when the dust settles on your careers.

Talented driver, but a douche bag. Prime example is his chastising Joey for daring to race Matt and letting Matt wreck himself and claiming Joey should be concerned with how other drivers think of him when he drives like that, then he does this.

Above Harvick and Busch brothers but not by much.

I spend an entertaining afternoon at, of all places, Martinsville watching Hamlin's engine cut out at least a half-dozen times. That was back when Toyota was having quality problems with their engines in ... '12? '13? I don't recall learning what the problem was, but he was hotter than his radiator. I don't like him or dislike him, but I'll always remember him for that.

I also remember Newman for his car stalling on pit road at Darlington directly in front of me. The crew must have pushed that thing back and forth for eight or ten times before the guy with the Engineering degree noticed he'd bumped the kill switch.
he good for the show
always entertaining
If nothing else, he gives you a reason to pay attention when announcers are listing the pit road penalties...
If I had the option of punching Denny Hamlin or Joel Osteen in the kisser I would need to think about it. Actually I wouldn't punch either one of them but I might mess up Joel's hair a little.......:D
I'm sure no one is surprised I had to Google Joel Osteen. I'd at least know Hamlin if he showed up at my door.
Denny was a nice young appreciative dude for the first 2 weeks of his cup career before becoming entitled and now the guy either reminds me of Eeyore or someone that overdue for a BM. I think Denny's biggest problem is that he just isn't that smart and he shouldn't be allowed to speak unless he is prepped by a rep.
Thanks! I knew there was something I hadn't done yet.

I like him enough. We met him in a Q&A and he was alright. I could get along with him in real life because he is similar to me. I think he wants to be honest, but he is polished up because he has to be. The guy is pretty straight forward. I watched him give a fan a hard time for asking him how his back was the year he fractured it. I laughed at his response, but that was because when the question was asked I immediately thought it was a ridiculous question that he has most likely had to answer hundreds of times, so why would you waste your one opportunity to ask the guy a question on something so ridiculous? I think that is why I get him. He is a good driver as well. He is KB light in terms of his personality.

I have always liked a guy that is willing to be the bad guy.

Back
Top Bottom