Any Professional Bull Riding fans?

PBR is in town this weekend at Madison Square Garden and I got some free tickets to their show tonight. I have watched it before when I catch it on tv but have never been before. I figured a few of you on here might be fans.

My 15 yo son started Bull Riding and Chute Dogging a year ago.I like watching the PBR but it scares the hell out of me when he gets on one.

I grew up in Oklahoma where a rodeo was a real rodeo and just like anything else, if it has an audience, more and more money gets involved. Time was when local cowboys would try to ride a bull for eight seconds and then they introduced Brahma bulls, the ultimate bad boy cow. Now the riders have to have helmets and body armor. It's a whole different ballgame. I've seen it and it just doesn't do anything for me. Give me some old fashioned calf roping, bronc riding and barrel racing.

I ended up having a really fun time, I'm even going to go back tomorrow for the finals. The place was packed tonight and I was kind of surprised at how many people were there. I gotta say though that PBR has won me over as a new fan and I will definitely watch all the other events for this season on tv

My 15 yo son started Bull Riding and Chute Dogging a year ago.I like watching the PBR but it scares the hell out of me when he gets on one.

I was concerned enough for watching these guys tonight so I can only imagine how crazy it must be to watch your doing this. I wish you guys the best of luck.

I grew up in Oklahoma where a rodeo was a real rodeo and just like anything else, if it has an audience, more and more money gets involved. Time was when local cowboys would try to ride a bull for eight seconds and then they introduced Brahma bulls, the ultimate bad boy cow. Now the riders have to have helmets and body armor. It's a whole different ballgame. I've seen it and it just doesn't do anything for me. Give me some old fashioned calf roping, bronc riding and barrel racing.

The majority of the guys did wear helmets tonight but there were a couple of guys who still wore a cowboy hat. Tons of other sports have improved safety for their athletes so it only makes sense that they try to do the same.

I ended up having a really fun time, I'm even going to go back tomorrow for the finals. The place was packed tonight and I was kind of surprised at how many people were there. I gotta say though that PBR has won me over as a new fan and I will definitely watch all the other events for this season on tv

I was concerned enough for watching these guys tonight so I can only imagine how crazy it must be to watch your doing this. I wish you guys the best of luck.

The majority of the guys did wear helmets tonight but there were a couple of guys who still wore a cowboy hat. Tons of other sports have improved safety for their athletes so it only makes sense that they try to do the same.
He fractured his elbow second time on a bull.Got stepped on but he also fractured his wrist this year playing football.So things can happen at any time.

Most any rodeo now under 18 must wear a helmet.Over 18 it's your choice.My kid says he's always wearing a helmet.I say Thank You.

Here's some of my sons rodeo stuff
http://s191.beta.photobucket.com/user/NASCAR815/library/Chase Rodeo

I use to go watch the PBR at the Honda Center here in Orange Ca, but I havn't been to an event in a few years. I really enjoyed it though. The PBR Finals are always in Las Vegas at the same time that we are there racing in the Nhra and a lot of the bull riders and their fans stay at the same hotel we stay at. My favorite bull rider was 2005 and 2007 World Champion Justin McBride, and my favorite bull fighter was Joe Baumgartner. But they have both retired.

Back
Top Bottom