Any room for Fernando?

If anyone puts him in a cup ride I only see it as a publicity stunt. I think it's another case of one of the open wheel guys saying they want to come to Nascar after they retire only to come over and find out its not as easy as they thought.

Would be cool to see him in a truck or Xfinity car and see what he can do.

I'd be surprised if he did NASCAR.... it didnt work out for Montoya, Speed, Dario, Danica and looks like the Dinger. It's such a different medium to learn at his age as well as the lists of failed Im sure is more than those that succeed. If he's coming here, hes coming here to do Indy Car and the Indy 500.

I'd be surprised if he did NASCAR.... it didnt work out for Montoya, Speed, Dario, Danica and looks like the Dinger. It's such a different medium to learn at his age as well as the lists of failed Im sure is more than those that succeed. If he's coming here, hes coming here to do Indy Car and the Indy 500.
Montoya should have a Brickyard 400 victory on his resume (maybe 2) and he did that in sub par equipment at the time. The rest I agree with BUT, if Alonso can get in the right car I think he would do well.

Add Hornish Jr. to that list as well.

I don’t see Alonso ever running full time in NASCAR. I’d imagine a one off in the Daytona 500 or Brickyard would be more to his liking. Maybe the road courses.

Add Hornish Jr. to that list as well.

I don’t see Alonso ever running full time in NASCAR. I’d imagine a one off in the Daytona 500 or Brickyard would be more to his liking. Maybe the road courses.
I agree I could see that happening. But I feel like itd have to be the right car and team for each. I tell you what though, my eyes would be glued to the TV thats for sure. He's a generational Motorsports talent IMO

Montoya should have a Brickyard 400 victory on his resume (maybe 2) and he did that in sub par equipment at the time. The rest I agree with BUT, if Alonso can get in the right car I think he would do well.
I'd like to see what he could do in the right car/ team. It'd be fun to see thats for sure. Forgot JPM almost pulled off that Brickyard win, damn speeding penalty. I really thought he could contend with Jimmie in the 09 Chase, for a while he held his own there.

NASCAR‏Verified account @NASCAR 4h4 hours ago
Replying to @alo_oficial
A new challenge awaits.
1f3c6.png
We hope you'll accept with pleasure, @alo_oficial.

Dkk4c5QXcAAsU7_.jpg:large

I don't see the blue collar NASCAR crowd really accepting Alonso, he's a bit of a different flavor. I don't know where'd he go either we are already talk about how full seats are

This looks like a Silly Season thread topic to me.

I don't think he'll come to NASCAR, and I don't think he'd be overwhelmingly good there, as he has run only ONE oval race in his whole career.
IndyCar seems more likely.
As he is a Toyota works driver in the WEC, I think he wouldn't drive a Ford or a Chevy in NASCAR, while he could only run a Chevy in IndyCar as I don't think Honda wants to hire a driver who is under contract with Toyota in another series.

I don't see how Montoya was a failure either. Should have won a Brickyard race, was a championship contender for a good 5-6 weeks in 2009 when Ganassi had their crap together.
They jet dryer will forever shroud his reputation.

FWIW, we do not have a clear video of what happened but that hit/explosion was far more violent than most think and we are grateful he was not seriously injured.

He won't run full time in NASCAR or Indycar. Not only is he too old but he has said the Indycar schedule doesn't appeal to him. Maybe he'll try the Indy 500 again but he won't run a full schedule.

They jet dryer will forever shroud his reputation.

FWIW, we do not have a clear video of what happened but that hit/explosion was far more violent than most think and we are grateful he was not seriously injured.
Broke a truck arm, he had just stopped because of the vibration and was trying to catch back up to the field to pit again.

If he goes anywhere It will be to IndyCar (Where he would dominate), where he could do some endurance on the side. I can't ever see him running NASCAR

Fernando could become the Ultimate Outlaw, sorta like this generation's Parnelli Jones or Dan Gurney... the Daytona 24 Hours, the Indy 500, the Riverside 500 Watkins Glen cup race, Le Mans 24 Hours, and of course the Knoxville Nationals..:D

Full time in Nascar would seem to be a stretch for one who has complained about the F1 season growing to 20 races. After all, he's not a young man any longer, and has to preserve some time and energy for the finer things in life... such as supermodel Linda Morselli (formerly known for enhancing Valentino Rossi's pitbox).

He has only three races set for 2019 so he has a lot of room on the calendar to fill...

I expect most of his time going forward to spent in various open-wheelers and prototypes but a stock car excursion here and there wouldn't surprise me; I think he genuinely wants to race anything and everything he can. An event like the Brickyard 400 could use him and I'm sure Toyota would love to give him a car should he want to try it.

Broke a truck arm, he had just stopped because of the vibration and was trying to catch back up to the field to pit again.
Yep.

Although meant a clear video of the impact & ensuing reaction. Car was absolutely slung like a rag into the grass with nose and rear crushed

40501702E.jpg

Car came apart similar to Dillion’s and Larson’s last lap Daytona catchfence wrecks.

It’d be really cool to see him race the road courses/Roval, imagine having a 2 time world champ show up as the ultimate road course ringer. I miss the ringers that showed up for those races like Boris Said, Scott Pruett. I also totally forgot
Jacques Villeneuve ran NASCAR

I think he'll do Indycar and maybe some sports car racing. But I can see him running a NASCAR or Xfinity race just to see what it is like.

He’s going Indycar racing dudes...

Fernando will need a good team mate, you never know when a caution might come in handy :rolleyes:
Anybody know where Nelson Piquet Jr is ? he comes highly recommended

I thought so, just wanted to be sure. If I remember correctly, that was just his most notable incident but not the only one. I recall he roughed up a few X regulars in other events too.
Yes he did. What Im reminded of also is how his uniform looked like a oversized diaper hanging off him.

Back
Top Bottom