Anyone fly recently? Opt-out questions

Not looking to turn this into a political thread. I'm flying this weekend out of Newark and I'm going to choose to opt out of the body scanner machines if I have to. Just wanted to know if anyone else here has done the same and what your experience was like? Thanks in advance.

The body scanner is really no big deal.DFW has a screener that picks who goes thru and who doesn't.Been a 50/50 chance of going thru it for me and nobody was laughing or pointing at me after going thru the scanner.I don't think it's worth the hassle of being hand searched for opting out.

The body scanner is really no big deal.DFW has a screener that picks who goes thru and who doesn't.Been a 50/50 chance of going thru it for me and nobody was laughing or pointing at me after going thru the scanner.I don't think it's worth the hassle of being hand searched for opting out.

Not worried about people seeing me, it's the unknown causes of these machines (i've read stuff saying they are fine and stuff saying that they aren't) that make me rather take the pat down. At least I know what I'm getting into with the pat downs. Again, I don't want this to turn political or etc, just wanted to post this here to get as many responses as possible from people here who may have opted out just cause I know some people don't go into the podium on here.

I do Alot of air travel and have never had a problem with the scanner's and have only been pulled once in the past 10 years. I'm not sure I understand your concerns?

I don't really understand the concern. 5 seconds, you're in you're out. And hell, look at the "unknown causes" with just about everything else these days that we've been consuming for years.....

I do Alot of air travel and have never had a problem with the scanner's and have only been pulled once in the past 10 years. I'm not sure I understand your concerns?

I don't really understand the concern. 5 seconds, you're in you're out. And hell, look at the "unknown causes" with just about everything else these days that we've been consuming for years.....

If I don't have to add another risk then I'd rather not. Just a personal choice cause I have no idea if these things are safe or not and no one really seems to know. I always get to the airport way earlier then I have to so for the extra 10 minutes it takes to get a pat down I'd rather just go that route then to take a chance in those machines.

[if you are eating, don't read this post]

buffer

buffer

One of my friends flew over spring break. She went through the scanner, and they pulled her into a side room. Apparently they thought she was carrying drugs b/c the scanner picked something up in a certain place...

They had a female TSA person come in and literally make my friend remove her bloody tampon....

Dude I'd be much more concerned about something failing on the aircraft or the aircrew going bonkers mid-flight than I would be the scanners.

Back
Top Bottom