ARCA at Daytona 2019

REBS31

Lane Train
Always been one of my favorite parts of Speedweeks, usually one of the more interesting races of the year

I don't think they will make 5 laps without the first wreck..don't want to jinx em but that usually happens.

ho boy pits are coming up. Can't understand why they aren't racing harder with the rain chances

holy crap, at least they were trying, the rest of the top line, I don't know what the heck they were thinkin

That was a great race! I enjoyed watching it up to the very last lap.

I think I'm still a little closer than @Clutch
Didn't get much of the race, though. How did they remain that civilized?
dang it sorry to hear that. My opinion was two things. ARCA has outlawed pushing, drivers are supposed to do something much harder and that is bump drafting that most of them have little if any experience doing. The result was nobody was hooking up on the top side and trying to make it work, and almost every one was wanting to run the inside hugging the yellow line. McReynolds and his drafting partned provided about the only excitement when they hooked up tight in the high line, and they were coming to the front. Arca warned them about it so they tried to bump draft and McReynolds ended up in the infield. Oh well I'm out in left field, I think they should be allowed to hook up and push each other. They seem to wreck enough cars doing it the other way, no difference, but it would be a better show IMO.

Television ratings for the ARCA Menards Series season opener at Daytona also show an upward trend. One of eight races shown live on FS1 in 2019, the Lucas Oil 200's viewership was up eight percent from 2018.

ARCA Menards Series Builds Momentum as 2019 Season Starts at Daytona

With a new series entitlement sponsor, two race entitlement sponsors either renewing or initiating deals, and an upward trend in television ratings, the ARCA Menards Series has started 2019 with positive momentum.

The series traditionally took a two-month hiatus after its season opener at Daytona, but that has also changed for 2019. A new event at Five Flags Speedway in Pensacola, Florida has been added to the schedule to bridge that gap. It's hoped the ARCA event at Five Flags can give the facility an early-season major event to bookend the Five Flags season combined with the annual Snowball Derby, among the biggest pavement late model races in the country, held each year in December.

https://www.arcaracing.com/articles...lds-momentum-as-2019-season-starts-at-daytona

Back
Top Bottom