ARCA at Springfield

WINNER: Frank Kimmel

Glad to see it. No "Rich Kids", as AML would say, could beat Frank on that dirt today. Even if it is just running around a flat horse racing track. If ARCA really wants to impress me, they should race at Eldora. Hey, it's in the heart of ARCA country, right? He will be tough to beat at DuQuoin in a couple weeks. I'd love to see him win the Championship, and he's only 15 points out of the lead, as we speak.

Eldora is great but running a car that heavy on a flat dirt track with no bank to catch you is even more challenging.

Eldora is great but running a car that heavy on a flat dirt track with no bank to catch you is even more challenging.

Really? I didn't know that. Here in NY, we have sort of a Championship weekend at the State Fairgrounds 1 mile horse track every October, where all the best of the best from the various high-banked 1/2 mile or less dirt tracks compete. I always found it kind of boring. Of course the cars are much lighter, so I don't know if the drivers find this more or less challenging. Ya' learn something new every day!

Back
Top Bottom