ARCA General Tire 150 @ Charlotte Motor Speedway

racingfan7

Start and Park
Contributor
Thursday, May 23rd

9:00 AM 8:00 PM ARCA Menards Series Credentials
9:00 AM ARCA Menards Series Garage Opens
9:00 AM Pick Pits Based on Current 2019 Car Owner Point Standings
9:45 AM ARCA Menards Series Rookie Meeting (Paddock Club/Required Attendance)
10:00 AM Track Sevices Meeting (Media Center)
10:15 AM ARCA Menards Series Driver, Spotter and Crew Chief Meeting (Paddock Club/Required Attendance)
10:30 AM Motorsports Safety Group Presentatation
(Paddock Club/Required Attendance)
11:00 AM 11:15 AM ARCA Rookie Rides
11:30 AM 1:30 PM Practice
1:45 PM Pre-Qualifying Tech Line Opens
2:30 PM First Time AMS Driver Meeting in the ARCA Racing Series Administration Trailer
5:00 PM General Tire Pole Qualifying
POST QUALIFYING IMPOUND PROCEDURES IN EFFECT
7:00 PM 7:30 PM Final Adjustments
8:15 PM Move Cars to Starting Grid
8:30 PM ARCA Driver Introductions
9:00 PM Start of the General Tire 150 (150 miles / 100 laps) ***LIVE on Fox Sports 1***

24 cars entered.

I feel like kid in the 35 spun just to get dads plumbing business some TV time

It's sad how much this series has declined. Very short field for a TV race. :( Few more ppl than last year it looks like though...

Hope the 2020 merger with NASCAR fixes ARCA and K&N.

Self's hometown is 10 miles away from me. Seen his autographed hero card at a restraunt here. At least the Sinclair money is getting him far.

Well that could change things

Really was hoping Holmes could hold them off, never know if he gets a good start

Creed definitely put him in the fence

It's sad how much this series has declined. Very short field for a TV race. :( Few more ppl than last year it looks like though...

Hope the 2020 merger with NASCAR fixes ARCA and K&N.

Well, all of the races are actually on TV these days. About half on Fox Sports and half on MavTV. Lot of people still dont get Mav though.

Will be interesting to see what happens in 2020, though based on the info out there, it may be less of a merger than you would think.
Its more like some of the ARCA short track races will allow K&N cars for a special combination short track championship (basically what they have called the ARCA Sioux Chief Short Track Challenge for the past few seasons). There will be 6 to 8 stand alone K&N east and west races . The ARCA races on big tracks will still be just ARCA (and actually, the way the current K&N schedules are, they are designed so that drivers 15 & 16 years old can run the entire year and compete for the championship, so they keep it on 1 mile or less tracks. Over 1 mile tracks dont allow under 18 drivers.)

Well, all of the races are actually on TV these days. About half on Fox Sports and half on MavTV. Lot of people still dont get Mav though.

Will be interesting to see what happens in 2020, though based on the info out there, it may be less of a merger than you would think.
Its more like some of the ARCA short track races will allow K&N cars for a special combination short track championship (basically what they have called the ARCA Sioux Chief Short Track Challenge for the past few seasons). There will be 6 to 8 stand alone K&N east and west races . The ARCA races on big tracks will still be just ARCA (and actually, the way the current K&N schedules are, they are designed so that drivers 15 & 16 years old can run the entire year and compete for the championship, so they keep it on 1 mile or less tracks. Over 1 mile tracks dont allow under 18 drivers.)

I don't want a merger per say between series, I just want better car counts by having a common car between both series. Hopefully next year means K&N races with 20-25 cars each week & ARCA races with 25 cars at short tracks, 30+ on FS1 races.

Lot of people still dont get Mav though.

A lot of people don't even know they do get it.

I think they're moving toward a merger because it's the only solution, but not all at once.

Personally, I wish NASCAR would axe the XFINITY Series and have ARCA/K&N replace it, using the current K&N schedule structure and ARCA's diversity.

As for the age thing, I think this is one of the biggest problems in racing right now. I really don't think you should be allowed to run in K&N, ARCA or Trucks until you're 18, and XFINITY/Cup until you're 21. Hell, 25 works better for Cup.

Too many of these kids are being rushed up the ladder so quickly that they don't develop. And this age thing also favors money even more. You don't really have to prove a thing before you get to NASCAR. To a degree, it's always been that way, but not to this degree.

This Jr. Late Model stuff where 10-year-old kids are running full-size Super Late Models now pisses me off.

I'm not a fan of watching these K&N and ARCA races with 16 year olds every single week. At minimum they need to do find a better way to get better car counts if I'm gonna tolerate these 16-19 year olds in these series.

I mean, the CARS Tour is getting 25+ in both classes in comparison... probably better than K&N at this point.

I'm not a fan of watching these K&N and ARCA races with 16 year olds every single week. At minimum they need to do find a better way to get better car counts if I'm gonna tolerate these 16-19 year olds in these series.

I mean, the CARS Tour is getting 25+ in both classes in comparison... probably better than K&N at this point.

The CARS Tour and Legends racing are the two best things in racing right now.

I went to my first CARS Tour race this year, at Ace Speedway. Good car count. Typical late model wreck fest...

I went to my first CARS Tour race this year, at Ace Speedway. Good car count. Typical late model wreck fest...

If you like that sort of thing. I watched one race from Bristol last year, and it was pretty bad and got worse as it went on. The ARCA race a late race caution saved a mopping up by Self. I don't whine about smaller fields especially if they have a few decent cars. Large fields in the lower series usually mean many cautions and wrecks mean more wrecking. I think they hair triggered the caution, Self straightened out and had gathered it up, and later a car was dead against the wall and they let it sit there forever before they threw the yellow. All in all it was a typical ARCA race, plenty to criticize if you are into that kind of thing, but some of us understand going in it is going to be that way.

If you like that sort of thing. I watched one race from Bristol last year, and it was pretty bad and got worse as it went on. The ARCA race a late race caution saved a mopping up by Self. I don't whine about smaller fields especially if they have a few decent cars. Large fields in the lower series usually mean many cautions and wrecks mean more wrecking. I think they hair triggered the caution, Self straightened out and had gathered it up, and later a car was dead against the wall and they let it sit there forever before they threw the yellow. All in all it was a typical ARCA race, plenty to criticize if you are into that kind of thing, but some of us understand going in it is going to be that way.

I find that the big late model races I go to have good fields and are really wrecky until half the field gets taken out in crashes. I don’t like sitting there watching all of the laps go to waste under yellow. I much prefer the product that ARCA , k&n and Pintys put on... typically just good racing. Not too wrecky.

I find that the big late model races I go to have good fields and are really wrecky until half the field gets taken out in crashes. I don’t like sitting there watching all of the laps go to waste under yellow. I much prefer the product that ARCA , k&n and Pintys put on... typically just good racing. Not too wrecky.

yeah don't get me wrong and I think you think so too, large fields are ok, but I usually know before the race starts that it is going to take awhile to weed out a few of them. I also know that when I watch ARCA, K&N and almost any series, it will be full of younger drivers with a smattering of of grizzled veterans. They can't all be William Byron.

yeah don't get me wrong and I think you think so too, large fields are ok, but I usually know before the race starts that it is going to take awhile to weed out a few of them. I also know that when I watch ARCA, K&N and almost any series, it will be full of younger drivers with a smattering of of grizzled veterans. They can't all be William Byron.

I like large fields, though I’m definitely not a fan of a race that has almost half of its distance ran under yellow. ARCA and K&N definitely do have some car count issues. The number of cars they are getting now would be OK if more of the cars were competetive. They get 18 to 20 car fields but only 10 to 12 of those are competitive. Most of the remaining cars really have no business being on the track, are likely not meeting minimum speeds , and are a hindrance to the racing. I often see at ARCA short track races, a good battle going on, but they have to fall back into single file because they are lapping the same handful of cars constantly... They still have some good races but could really use another quality 5 to 8 cars...
The K&N races get smaller counts than ARCA at some of their races (not all though) but the quality throughout the field seems to be better with only a couple of really really bad cars at most of the races...
Pintys series is pretty much in the same spot as K&N with the car counts and quality of cars as well. Maybe slightly better.
I think all of those series still put on some of the best short track races (and in Pintys case road courses as well) around , but I wouldn’t call any of the series really healthy right now.
Whelen modified tour is doing really well these days though with 26+ cars at every race

Back
Top Bottom