ARCA NASCAR Setup Going Forward

ARCA Menards Series West and ARCA Menards Series East... So they are throwing away the K&N sponsorship entirely ? A quick search shows that they were signed on through 2021...
Not sure how having a bunch of Menards sponsored races in Cali, Vegas, etc... really benefits Menards. The current ARCA schedule other than the Florida and Alabama races fits their midwest markets pretty well.

The MAVTV deal was surprising too.

Yeah sounds like they are just keeping the whole tv thing the same as it was this year.
Maybe NBCSN isn't willing to do any live coverage for 4th tier NASCAR, but Menard's wants those live races.
I don't think the whole thing for next year sounds too bad except that they will be cutting the East/West schedules down quite a bit.
The east series schedule is already pretty much crap anyway, so i don't mind seeing that one cut down, but the west series has a lot of cool tracks that are gonna lose dates... Something needed to be done though with the bad car counts especially in the east.
A cut down schedule is definitely better than what they did with the southern modified tour. I still think that series could have been put on life support for a couple of years (maybe give Bowman Gray some extra races by giving them a discount on sanction fees, have a bunch at Caraway, Hickory, Charlotte, pretty much keep it only NC until the car count got a little healthier).
I've heard that one of the Salem races and DuQuoin will be cut as well... Salem is probably the most consistently successful (large crowds) short track race on the ARCA schedule, especially considering they have two races. DuQuoin also does pretty well, and the history there.. would be a shame to see it cut.
We will find out in the next couple of months anyway!

Yeah sounds like they are just keeping the whole tv thing the same as it was this year.
Maybe NBCSN isn't willing to do any live coverage for 4th tier NASCAR, but Menard's wants those live races.
I don't think the whole thing for next year sounds too bad except that they will be cutting the East/West schedules down quite a bit.
The east series schedule is already pretty much crap anyway, so i don't mind seeing that one cut down, but the west series has a lot of cool tracks that are gonna lose dates... Something needed to be done though with the bad car counts especially in the east.
A cut down schedule is definitely better than what they did with the southern modified tour. I still think that series could have been put on life support for a couple of years (maybe give Bowman Gray some extra races by giving them a discount on sanction fees, have a bunch at Caraway, Hickory, Charlotte, pretty much keep it only NC until the car count got a little healthier).
I've heard that one of the Salem races and DuQuoin will be cut as well... Salem is probably the most consistently successful (large crowds) short track race on the ARCA schedule, especially considering they have two races. DuQuoin also does pretty well, and the history there.. would be a shame to see it cut.
We will find out in the next couple of months anyway!

Says here they're going back to DuQuoin and Springfield.

https://www.arcaracing.com/articles/2012888-nascar-and-arca-announce-2020-format

ARCA Menards Series West and ARCA Menards Series East... So they are throwing away the K&N sponsorship entirely ? A quick search shows that they were signed on through 2021...
Not sure how having a bunch of Menards sponsored races in Cali, Vegas, etc... really benefits Menards. The current ARCA schedule other than the Florida and Alabama races fits their midwest markets pretty well.

Menards.com I guess?

They may be wanting to expand outside the midwest...

Back
Top Bottom