ARCA on NBC

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
NBC Sports Network to Air Four ARCA Racing Series Races in August

(ELKHART LAKE, Wis.) - NBC Sports Network will air four ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards races in August, giving the national stock car racing series an even greater television presence.

Officials from the Automobile Racing Club of America made the announcement today during the Scott 160 race event weekend at Road America in Elkhart Lake.

"We couldn't be more excited than to have the opportunity to secure additional exposure of the ARCA Racing Series on NBC Sports Network," said Mark Gundrum, ARCA Vice President for Business Development and Corporate Partnerships. "This opportunity is great for the teams, sponsors and fans of the series."

Three of the four NBC Sports Network events are scheduled to air on Thursday nights, with one event slated for Friday night. NBC Sports Network's ARCA racing coverage premieres Thursday, August 1, at 11 p.m. ET with the Winchester Speedway race. The race from Berlin Raceway will air on Thursday, August 15, at 11 p.m. ET, and the Madison International Speedway event will air on Thursday night, August 29, at 11 p.m. ET. The event from the one-mile dirt oval at the Illinois State Fairgrounds will air on Friday, August 23 at 11 p.m. ET.

"We look forward to presenting the excitement of the ARCA Racing Series to motorsports fans on NBC Sports Network for the first time," said Mike Perman, Vice President, Programming, NBC Sports Group.

ARCA races from Winchester Speedway (Herr's Chase the Taste 200) on June 30; Berlin Raceway (Berlin ARCA 200) on August 10; The Illinois State Fairgrounds (Allen Crowe 100) on August 18, and Madison International Speedway (Herr's Live Life With Flavor 200) on August 25, comprise the televised event package.

ABOUT NBC SPORTS NETWORK
NBC Sports Network is part of the NBC Sports Group. Now in more than 80 million homes, the Emmy-award winning network is the cable television home of the Summer and Winter Olympics, National Hockey League (NHL), Major League Soccer (MLS), IZOD IndyCar Series, Tour de France, the 34th America's Cup, Premier League and Formula One. In addition, NBC Sports Network features college football, college basketball, college hockey, cycling, outdoor programming, horse racing surrounding the Triple Crown and Breeders' Cup, Fight Night boxing, Ironman, the Dew Action Sports Tour and USA Sevens Rugby. The network is also home to original programs such as Costas Tonight, The Crossover, NFL Turning Point, Pro Football Talk and The Dan Patrick Show. NBC Sports Network is distributed via cable systems and satellite operators throughout the United States.

ABOUT ARCA RACING
The Automobile Racing Club of America (ARCA) is among the leading auto racing sanctioning bodies in the country. Founded in 1953 by John and Mildred Marcum, the organization administers more than 100 events each year in multiple racing series, including the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards, the ARCA/CRA Super Series, the ARCA Truck Series and the ARCA Midwest Tour, plus weekly racing at Toledo and Flat Rock Speedways.

The ARCA Racing Series has been broadcast on a variety of television networks over the years, including CBS, ESPN, TNN, TBS, USA, the Outdoor Channel and SPEED. SPEED broadcast its 200th all-time ARCA race earlier this spring at Talladega Superspeedway.
For more information, visit www.arcaracing.com, or www.nbcumv.com, or contact:

These are races people have wanted televised for a long time. I'm glad ARCA and NBC made this arrangement.

Once again, NBC does not do this if they're not picking up NASCAR.

These are races people have wanted televised for a long time. I'm glad ARCA and NBC made this arrangement.

Once again, NBC does not do this if they're not picking up NASCAR.

hardly a sign they'll be pickin up nascar andy.
just mo cheap tape delayed aug. programmin fer nbcs. sorta like lucas oil race shows.

still......i'll be watchin. sure beats tha crap speed puts on now !

Aw Hog, Andy has his tin foil hat on and his crystal ball fired up. For a couple of bucks he will predict YOUR future.

I agree, I will watch this just because it's better than the crap speed puts on for sure! Lame that it's tape delayed for a month or more but ARCA will take it.

Man try to give the guy a compliment and he flips on ya. :) Yooo K, thanks for the heads up. you figure most of the NBC programming will be on NBCSN? Yeah I got that one..10 to 12, looks like a re run? Confusing..my hooterville cable doesn't say a thing about Arca..just auto racing.. On the other hand tomorrow on SPEED..they have Arca/remax listed.

Man try to give the guy a compliment and he flips on ya. :) Yooo K, thanks for the heads up. you figure most of the NBC programming will be on NBCSN? Yeah I got that one..10 to 12, looks like a re run? Confusing..my hooterville cable doesn't say a thing about Arca..just auto racing.. On the other hand tomorrow on SPEED..they have Arca/remax listed.

The one tonight is the tape-delayed Winchester race. Pocono is live tomorrow.

I caught about the last 25 laps of a Colorado re-broadcast when I got home today, It was worth it.

Perhaps you might want to restart your cable box smartass. 11pm-1am, NBC Sports Network.

I'm surprised they are actually give it a 2 hour time slot. Usually with stuff like K&N, Canadian Tire, Hooters pro cup, they just give them a crappy 1 hour with commercials heavily edited highlights show.
I got rid of cable a few months back since I'm never home enough for it to be worth paying for, Andy, Do you know if NBC Sports ever puts any of their broadcasts like this on their website or youtube? I've been finding things like Rolex Sports Car and ALMS races seem to be readily available online these days.
Otherwise maybe someone on RU with cap it.

I caught about the last 25 laps of a Colorado re-broadcast when I got home today, It was worth it.

That would've been the K&N Pro Series West from Colorado National Speedway. The west series seems a lot more competitive this year, teams other than Gene Price Motorsports are actually managing to get wins this season.

I'm surprised they are actually give it a 2 hour time slot. Usually with stuff like K&N, Canadian Tire, Hooters pro cup, they just give them a crappy 1 hour with commercials heavily edited highlights show.
I got rid of cable a few months back since I'm never home enough for it to be worth paying for, Andy, Do you know if NBC Sports ever puts any of their broadcasts like this on their website or youtube? I've been finding things like Rolex Sports Car and ALMS races seem to be readily available online these days.
Otherwise maybe someone on RU with cap it.

I'm sure it'll find it's way on YouTube or RU.

Hope NBC does more with ARCA next year, would be great exposure for ARCA if they could get a few of those short track races with live TV coverage. Glad to see NBC is really getting into more motorsports. I saw in the articles about their NASCAR agreement that they will also have the rights to the modified tour, K&N, and the Toyota Mexico series. I'd guess their Mexico series coverage would just be the Phoenix race, although it would be cool if they would cover a few of the races south of the border. I wonder why they would bother with the Mexico series but not Canadian Tire.

Hope NBC does more with ARCA next year, would be great exposure for ARCA if they could get a few of those short track races with live TV coverage. Glad to see NBC is really getting into more motorsports. I saw in the articles about their NASCAR agreement that they will also have the rights to the modified tour, K&N, and the Toyota Mexico series. I'd guess their Mexico series coverage would just be the Phoenix race, although it would be cool if they would cover a few of the races south of the border. I wonder why they would bother with the Mexico series but not Canadian Tire.

I'd like to see NBC pick up more races. Wouldn't mind MavTV picking up ARCA again either now that it's on satellite and several cable providers.

they send small cam team ta track.....record vid....then bring back fer edit......voice-over....in studio...fer tonite.

still better than car warriors on speed right now . ha!

regardless........good stuff.....even in car coverage..........impressed !

if they'll avoid cross promotion w/ msnbc .......i'm in !

That wasn't flipping out. You haven't seen me "flip out" yet. :p Just sayin' threads tend to disappear in to the land of deleted threads when I "flip out". :)

think olber is doin soccer now ?
hope these late nite replays continue on nbcsn.

ole man kimmel ta tha front now ...................................yipee !

Back
Top Bottom