ARCA question...lol

H

hooty3

I realize they don't have anywhere near the money NASACR has, but don't you think they could afford to pay speed channel a little more so we could see more than just the top 10 cars when they show current running positions??!!...lol......took me 23 minutes to find out where Debra Renshaw was running because they wouldn't show more than the top 10!!!....oh well...there's my ranting for now....hope everyone has a good race weekend!!:) :D :) :D

I don't get Speed Channel so I don't know for sure but, I think that might have more to do with Speed (Fox) than ARCA........they do the same thing during the Busch and Winston Cup races too. Poor coverage by the network. I'm talking about FOX/FX coverage of races.

I thought they covered that duel between her and Gordon pretty well.

But it's always the same thing, if they show the top 10 people say they aren't showing Driver X. If they show Driver X people say that they aren't showing the front.

Deborah and Tina were really slamming and banging. If they'd gotten in line and run, both would have finished in the top ten.

But, they both finished, and on the lead lap. Good job.

And, Jason Jarrett. Oh, my goodness. :) :) :)

I believe hooty was referring to the "race summary" posting of driver postions. For some reason they would show normally only the top 5 and sometimes the top 10. Only about twice during the race did thye post postions all the way through the field.

During BGN or WC races we invariably have the crawl which shows every drivers position through out the race.

At the end of the race the telecast did not show the finishing postions past the top 10 unitl after at least one maybe two interviews.

As far as on camera action, I though they did a much better job than many in catching the racing outside the top 5 draft.

On a tangent, a great bump 'em up battle between Tina and Deborah there at then, but it wasn't too bright on their part as far as getting the best possible finish. Up til that point both women made very good showings I thought. And the battle was pretty fearliess. Good experience for Deborah expecially who had never run a plate car before. She did real good for her first.

Yeah, same here. Didn't get to see where the ladies finished until what seemed like forever after the finish of the race.
TRL, that was some good racing between those two wasn't it. You're right though, if they'd drafted and been in line probably a top 10 finish for both of them. They did good though.

Well, they did finish 10th and 11th, so guess that's not too bad. I really enjoyed watching them race.

2002 ARCA RE/MAX SERIES EVENT #21

Talladega Superspeedway, Talladega AL, 10-5-02
Official Results, Food World 300

1 Keith Segars
2 Chad Blount
3 Frank Kimmel
4 Rick Carelli
5 Jason Jarrett
6 Richard Mitchell
7 Mark Gibson
8 Michael Vergers
9 Robby Benton
10 Billy Venturini
11 Deborah Renshaw
12 Tina Gordon
13 Shelby Howard
14 Kasey Kahne
15 Andy Belmont
16 Ron Cox
17 Jeremy Clements
18 Randal Ritter
19 Kevin Belmont
20 Darrell Basham
21 Norm Benning
22 Brian Conz
23 Dicky Williamson
24 Greg Sarff
25 Bobby Bowsher
26 Bobby Gerhart
27 Chase Montgomery
28 Mike Buckley
29 Mike Harmon
30 Robert Burroughs
31 Sean Stafford
32 Keith Murt
33 CW Smith
34 Dave Davis
35 Kevin Gardner
36 David Elliott
37 Todd Bowsher
38 Brad Smith
39 AJ Henriksen
40 Rich Woodland
41 Chuck Weber

OLD MILWAUKEE POLE AWARD: Bobby Gerhart 186.863 mph
MRGN OF VICT: .148 seconds CAUTIONS: 4 for 20 laps
TIME OF RACE: 1:58:43 AVG SPEED: 151.194 mph
LAP LEADERS: Gerhart 1-12, 77 (13); Montgomery 13-25, 47-60 (27); Segars 26-35, 61-76, 78-113 (62); Vergers 36-46 (11)

Can't wait to watch the rebroadcast at 1 a.m. EST!

I doubt I'll make it through the entire race, though. I've got to get up at 9 a.m. to watch NASCAR This Morning. :p

Do any humans actually rise at such an ungodly hour on a Sunday morning? :D

Well, I actually woke up at 6:30 a.m. that one time I was smoking the ribs for Richmond. Threw me off for an entire week!

NASCAR This morning comes on at 6:00am here.......the race starts at 9:30!!:)

Originally posted by DE Wrangler 2
NASCAR This morning comes on at 6:00am here.......the race starts at 9:30!!:)

You have GOT to move east, my friend. :)

That was a pretty good race but thank god the cup races are not like that anymore. Renshaw and Gordon did have one heck of a battle and yes it was nto smart but one thing i noticed (don't know how many of the others noticed, i know the TV guys did not say anything) But Tina's car was EXTERMELY loose when she had a car in the outside or inside of her, i think thats why she fell back at the end, then both of theme banging on each other did not help either. But none the less t was a good race no big crashes but i still prefer the way that cup guys race 15-30 cars in a pack

HS hit it on the nose about only listing the top 10 thru out the race.....but they did ok showing other cars racing...especially the bangin between the ladies.....:)

I get up to kinda watch replays all the time. And most often just like during the majority of the daytime races, the drone of the motors puts me right back to sleep.

Sorry folks, but oval track racing on television once you realize that most announcers are little more than babbling hypsters can get pretty boring.

Benny's cute little model car or Fox's Crank It Up hardly matters. I think in this entire year I have maybe seen two complete races. Throw in the 1 to 4 commercial ratio and it drops to zero.

Back
Top Bottom