ARCA takes over ASA Midwest Tour

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
TOLEDO, Ohio - November 13, 2012 - Officials from the Automobile Racing Club of America (ARCA) and Cars and Stars Promotions (CSP) announced this evening a formal partnership to bring the Midwest Tour - a Midwestern-based, pavement super late model series - under ARCA sanction.
The ARCA Midwest Tour presented by SCAG Power Equipment and Lester Buildings will make stops at 11 different tracks in 2013, spanning Wisconsin, Illinois, and Minnesota. The sanctioning agreement between ARCA and CSP reflects ARCA's interests in supporting and strengthening the sport of stock car racing.
"We respect what Tim Olson and Steve Einhaus have established and developed with the Midwest Late Model Tour, and their long-term dedication to the sport," said Ron Drager, president and CEO of ARCA. "Their decision to join efforts with ARCA and our sanctioned properties is gratifying.
"We've worked hard to establish and build the ARCA brand over 60 years in the sport, and while we're proud of our history, we strive to be relevant and vital today and into the future. From several perspectives, the Midwest Tour joining our family of ARCA properties fits both companies' future strategic plans, and we look forward to working with Tim and Steve in 2013 and beyond."
http://arcaracing.com/news.php?contentid=14463

As a fan of Wisconsin stock car racing, I am extremely suspicious of this deal, but have no reason to be outright negative yet. Good for the ASA guys, I guess. Although, I guess the revival of the ASA name was short-lived.

From what I have read today, it appears there was all kinds of drama, and even lawsuits, between the two guys still trying to use the ASA name? Maybe AML knows more about this, or can explain it, because I'm confused. No, I like seeing ARCA sanction CRA, and now this, I think it's a good move on their part.

From what I have read today, it appears there was all kinds of drama, and even lawsuits, between the two guys still trying to use the ASA name? Maybe AML knows more about this, or can explain it, because I'm confused. No, I like seeing ARCA sanction CRA, and now this, I think it's a good move on their part.

ASALMS no longer exists. There was ASALMS (Sunoco National Tour) and ASA Racing. ARCA took over the ASA Midwest Tour. ASA Racing still exists. I know the track in Altamahaw is ASA sanctioned.

Honestly, glad it's not PASS sanctioning the series.

ASALMS,ASA,ARCA,PASS,ASS I don't care, Whatever keeps short track Asphalt Latemodel Racing going I'm good with! I'm not sure how the Midwest is doing but dwn here in Florida it's a struggle :(

Back
Top Bottom