ARCA Trucks at Winchester

I hadn't noticed that. I bet the Phantom was Norm Weaver during that race. He didn't run that event and usually runs them all. He does own that truck, probably just wanted to cut down on costs so he only ran 1 truck there.

Hello,

I work for one of the Arca truck teams.

I can tell you the Phantom was not Norm Weaver in that race. In fact Norm hasn't raced since the season opener in Toledo.

Hello,

I work for one of the Arca truck teams.

I can tell you the Phantom was not Norm Weaver in that race. In fact Norm hasn't raced since the season opener in Toledo.

Oh ok, I noticed Norm hadn't run since Toledo so I thought since he owned the phantom maybe he has been running that truck. Thanks for letting us know.

Norm did have a guy named Frank Wilson drive for him before, maybe it was that guy.

I could tell you his name but then the Phantom might have to Kill me.:eek:

(Don't let anyone know, but Wilson is the guy). SHHH.... :p

On another note, since you guys seem to have a lot of insider ARCA knowledge.

Have you heard anything regarding the future of the truck series?

Lincoln Welders is not returning as the sponsor and I'm not hearing good things in the way of new sponsors.

On another note, since you guys seem to have a lot of insider ARCA knowledge.

Have you heard anything regarding the future of the truck series?

Lincoln Welders is not returning as the sponsor and I'm not hearing good things in the way of new sponsors.

I haven't heard anything about it

Just talked to one of my people -- As of right now, ARCA does not plan on running the Trucks next year.

That is what I was afraid of. I know there has been talk of the Owners trying to keep the series going (Like Pro Cup attempted when Hooters left) if ARCA backed out. I was hoping ARCA wouldn't do that, that they would have a change of heart/mind and keep the series going somehow under ARCA.

That is what I was afraid of. I know there has been talk of the Owners trying to keep the series going (Like Pro Cup attempted when Hooters left) if ARCA backed out. I was hoping ARCA wouldn't do that, that they would have a change of heart/mind and keep the series going somehow under ARCA.

Sorry to hear that (not that it's a done deal or anything). But it does sound likely, considering the way they announced the schedule this year two weeks before the season, and with less races than the year before. I very much enjoyed the only ARCA truck race I've ever seen, a 50 lap all-green race at Cayuga last year. :beerbang:

Ultimately, I think the car counts (or truck counts in this case) are too low.

I have not heard much about the ARCA trucks, but I have seen them on a few schedules. They are on the Toledo and Flat Rock schedules. I also noticed they are scheduled to run the day after the Rolex Sports car series at Mid-Ohio, that should be really bad.

I have not heard much about the ARCA trucks, but I have seen them on a few schedules. They are on the Toledo and Flat Rock schedules. I also noticed they are scheduled to run the day after the Rolex Sports car series at Mid-Ohio, that should be really bad.

Interesting. That made me want to go click on the ARCA Truck series link at ARCAracing.com. From your post, it doesn't sound like you've seen this document

Interesting. That made me want to go click on the ARCA Truck series link at ARCAracing.com. From your post, it doesn't sound like you've seen this document

I was aware of the new management. That was announced back in November. But, I was not aware of that website that you linked to, ARCATrucks.net. I looked just a couple of days ago and they did not have that link on there. It still linked to http://arcaracing.com/news_lincoln.php .

I was aware of the new management. That was announced back in November. But, I was not aware of that website that you linked to, ARCATrucks.net. I looked just a couple of days ago and they did not have that link on there. It still linked to http://arcaracing.com/news_lincoln.php .

News to me, I hadn't bothered looking at the Truck series link in quite some time. I figured it was history. :eek: Did you look at the schedules of some of those small tracks in Ontario? I can't remember the names of them. I don't mean Delaware, I looked there. I also looked at Lake Erie Speedway, which hosted a race last year. Nothing there, they still have the 2009 schedule up.

News to me, I hadn't bothered looking at the Truck series link in quite some time. I figured it was history. :eek: Did you look at the schedules of some of those small tracks in Ontario? I can't remember the names of them. I don't mean Delaware, I looked there. I also looked at Lake Erie Speedway, which hosted a race last year. Nothing there, they still have the 2009 schedule up.

I looked at Winchesters site, they didn't have it on their 2010 schedule. Also checked Sauble, Sandusky and Peterborough, they don't have schedules(but for some reason Peterborough has the NASCAR Canadian Tire logo at the bottom of their site along with the logos of other series that they get, they last had the series back in like 2004 or 2005 when it was still CASCAR and are not on the 2010 NCATS schedule). I'd imagine they will release their schedule pretty soon, I think they should remove Mid-Ohio from the schedule though, those drivers are going to be terrible there.

I looked at Winchesters site, they didn't have it on their 2010 schedule. Also checked Sauble, Sandusky and Peterborough, they don't have schedules(but for some reason Peterborough has the NASCAR Canadian Tire logo at the bottom of their site along with the logos of other series that they get, they last had the series back in like 2004 or 2005 when it was still CASCAR and are not on the 2010 NCATS schedule). I'd imagine they will release their schedule pretty soon, I think they should remove Mid-Ohio from the schedule though, those drivers are going to be terrible there.

I've heard the Truck series is going to stay away from any Canada races, at least for this year, to try and concentrate on getting good truck counts for the Races they will have.

A lot of teams always skipped the Canadian races just so they didn't have to deal with customs.

I've heard the Truck series is going to stay away from any Canada races, at least for this year, to try and concentrate on getting good truck counts for the Races they will have.

A lot of teams always skipped the Canadian races just so they didn't have to deal with customs.

I never thought it was a good idea for a small series like the ARCA trucks to go to Canada anyway. Didn't they have 3 trucks races in Ontario on the schedule one of the years? Way too many

I never thought it was a good idea for a small series like the ARCA trucks to go to Canada anyway. Didn't they have 3 trucks races in Ontario on the schedule one of the years? Way too many

Yep, one year we ran Sauble Speedway, Delaware, and Cayuga.

Same year the ARCA cars ran @ Cayuga.

I didn't mind going to Sauble (Even thought it was a LONG drive), because they always had a huge party for us. Delaware was OK because it wasn't that far from the boarder, and Cayuga, well that really wasn't worth the trip due to the condition of the track.

There was another track near Delaware that was looking at bringing in the trucks, but that never materialized. Can't remember the track name off the top of my head.

Yes, that just got worse in June 2009, I believe it was, where you have to have a passport or enhanced drivers license.

In another post, you say "Cayuga, well that really wasn't worth the trip due to the condition of the track." I was one of the couple hundred people there watching you that night. :D What do you mean by that, just because it rained most of the day, or were there other issues with the track?

The cars actually had a three year contract with Cayuga, but of course that's null and void now. It looks to me like there will be no more racing there with the current ownership.

Yes, that just got worse in June 2009, I believe it was, where you have to have a passport or enhanced drivers license.

In another post, you say "Cayuga, well that really wasn't worth the trip due to the condition of the track." I was one of the couple hundred people there watching you that night. :D What do you mean by that, just because it rained most of the day, or were there other issues with the track?

The cars actually had a three year contract with Cayuga, but of course that's null and void now. It looks to me like there will be no more racing there with the current ownership.

The track surface had major issues. We got there the night before the truck race and walked the track. There were cracks an inch or so wide that ran from the top of the track to the bottom of the track.

The ARCA trucks are on the light side (2200 lbs) so these cracks would make the trucks shake horribly.

The rain happens everywhere and that is just a part of racing. It was the track surface that really didn't impress me.

The track surface had major issues. We got there the night before the truck race and walked the track. There were cracks an inch or so wide that ran from the top of the track to the bottom of the track.

The ARCA trucks are on the light side (2200 lbs) so these cracks would make the trucks shake horribly.

The rain happens everywhere and that is just a part of racing. It was the track surface that really didn't impress me.

Thanks for the reply. I was on the track for the Sunday autograph session, but I guess I didn't notice. They get some brutal winters in rural Southern Ontario, but I guess you could say that for just about every track the truck series races on. Well, let me tell you, it ain't getting fixed until someone comes along and buys the place from current ownership.

Back
Top Bottom