As of Nov17 Patrick meets with CGR

Aww man......I have faith it will still happen

Screenshot_20171221-125441.jpg

dealing with a sick kid.
Anyone have any new news? Im doing some searching and cant find anything
Honestly my friend, its not looking good right now, so dont get your hopes , its best that you accept that her Cup career is over.

Just make it easier on you is all I am saying.

Danica has to be bringing sponsorship with her to pay for the month of May. It’s a publicity dream to have her in the car.

Umm she couldn't even keep her one sponsor in NASCAR and she's supposed to bring them back in droves after she has no ride to begin with anywhere? o_O

Umm she couldn't even keep her one sponsor in NASCAR and she's supposed to bring them back in droves after she has no ride to begin with anywhere? o_O
I don't think getting an I500 ride will be as difficult as getting one for the D500. IndyCar and the track like to have that full 33-car field. Since all other IndyCar races have car count in the low 20s, there's always plenty of one-off seats to fill.

Whether those seats are competitive is another matter. Whether she can run competitively after an absence of several years is yet another, but she should have plenty of time to practice.

If she really wants to draw sponsors, she could try the Memorial Day double. I assume she'd prefer the D500 over Charlotte since she only stands a chance of being competitive in a plate race.

Just a quick scan of her twitter and its all about wine, workouts, and warrior clothing.
That plus all the hungry kids out there, its done.

You mean when NO ONE gave her a ride, the SPONSOR left SHR and Nascar. Seems to me they didn't announce until they knew she wasn't available.

You mean when NO ONE gave her a ride, the SPONSOR left SHR and Nascar. Seems to me they didn't announce until they knew she wasn't available.
I suspect their announcement was an end-of-year formality, with the timing less influenced by Patrick's availability than by annual shareholder reports and financial closing statements.

I suspect their announcement was an end-of-year formality, with the timing less influenced by Patrick's availability than by annual shareholder reports and financial closing statements.
I would like to think they would have continued sponsoring her if she still had her ride.
They came on board knowing she wasn't setting the world on fire in Nascar.

I have to hope...

I'm not trying to talk you out of your unending love for Ms. Patrick, I'm just genuinely curious as to how you came to be so wrapped up in someone with the modest accomplishments she has had. I personally followed Johnny Benson Jr. and Jimmie Johnson up through the ranks from unknown to NASCAR driver, one turned out great beyond belief, one was never what I hoped it would be, but I don't think my devotion to EITHER driver begins to approach you all-in devotion to Danica. No judgment here, it just fascinates me. :)

I noticed in the article that she might have to do rookie orientation. Is that necessary? She had run Indycar before. Did Montoya have to do that when he went back to Indycar from NASCAR?

I would think if she does have to, it would just be the final phase or two. Probably just as a refresher and to cover the changes in the cars since the last time she drove them.

I'm not trying to talk you out of your unending love for Ms. Patrick, I'm just genuinely curious as to how you came to be so wrapped up in someone with the modest accomplishments she has had. I personally followed Johnny Benson Jr. and Jimmie Johnson up through the ranks from unknown to NASCAR driver, one turned out great beyond belief, one was never what I hoped it would be, but I don't think my devotion to EITHER driver begins to approach you all-in devotion to Danica. No judgment here, it just fascinates me. :)
followed her since indycar. Enjoyed cheering for a underdog, liked her personality, her drive to win....thats it basically.

I noticed in the article that she might have to do rookie orientation. Is that necessary? She had run Indycar before. Did Montoya have to do that when he went back to Indycar from NASCAR?
No, but Montoya was also returning to the series full-time and had driven the car already. Villeneuve returned to the 500 for a one-off in 2014 as well and had to do the refresher program and then ran in the rookie test for extra seat time.

Danica Patrick is a very attractive female.

Johnny and Jimmie not.

followed her since indycar. Enjoyed cheering for a underdog, liked her personality, her drive to win....thats it basically.
Yeah ... me too. When I saw this 100# girl doing what she did in her first
Indy 500 I was hooked. I just thought it was a great story for motorsports .
I have really enjoyed her career and have 4 diecast to prove it. My prize
possession is the diecast of her Motorola Indy Car she got the win in.
Its one step bigger than the 1/24's. I will admit though I almost took a hammer to the
Natures Bakery diecast after that mess.

Yeah ... me too. When I saw this 100# girl doing what she did in her first
Indy 500 I was hooked. I just thought it was a great story for motorsports .
I have really enjoyed her career and have 4 diecast to prove it. My prize
possession is the diecast of her Motorola Indy Car she got the win in.
Its one step bigger than the 1/24's. I will admit though I almost took a hammer to the
Natures Bakery diecast after that mess.
respect.

I've always found her interesting, and I hoped she would be able to have a some level of success. I guess I've just always been more pragmatic about my drivers. If they race, fine, if they don't race, I shrug my shoulders and move on. I followed Jeff Gordon for his entire Cup career and was heavily "vested". By the time he announced his retirement, I was kind of ready to see him go. I actually wish he HADN'T filled in for Jr. in 2016. I was ready for that chapter of the story to be over. Same thing when Jimmie goes. It's all good though. That's what makes fandom what it is, and we would be much worse off without it. I'm just always interested in what drives it for certain people.

I've always found her interesting, and I hoped she would be able to have a some level of success. I guess I've just always been more pragmatic about my drivers. If they race, fine, if they don't race, I shrug my shoulders and move on. I followed Jeff Gordon for his entire Cup career and was heavily "vested". By the time he announced his retirement, I was kind of ready to see him go. I actually wish he HADN'T filled in for Jr. in 2016. I was ready for that chapter of the story to be over. Same thing when Jimmie goes. It's all good though. That's what makes fandom what it is, and we would be much worse off without it. I'm just always interested in what drives it for certain people.

"Fandom" is good, especially when it's mixed with reality.

Some success? She's a 100 pound woman who made it to the highest level of motorsports.If that's' not the definition of success I don't what is.:idunno:

Some success? She's a 100 pound woman who made it to the highest level of motorsports.If that's' not the definition of success I don't what is.:idunno:

What does her weight have to do with anything? The highest level? So did other women. Some of them were actually more competitive in sub par equipment. Janet Guthrie comes to mind. She was a far better driver than Patrick ever was. And, she had class to boot. Danicabots can't see the forest for the trees. She was given every opportunity to WIN. She could't get the job done. She had a mediocre Cup career. And now, mercifully she's carrying her show/brand/presence on the road to another venue, where she will angle to get face time in front of a camera to promote whatever her celebrity self is pimping this week. Thank you Aaron Rogers

What other woman has accomplished more than Danica in NASCAR or Indy?Comparing her to Guthrie is ridiculous. I have much respect for Guthrie, but she wasn't half the athlete or driver Danica was and didn't have to compete with the amount of talent and teams Danica had to.

Why do you and others hate her so much? And why do you seem to follow her personal life more than her fans do? No thanks for updating us on her dating situation.:rolleyes:

As for class goes, DP signed my friend's kids hat and took a pic with them before first practice at Sonoma with a smile on her face.

Last edited:
She was young..... good looking and a marketers dream..... at first she drew tremendous amounts of sponsor dollars.... Tony was quick to pick up on it.... a no brainer...... but....... there is no team owner gonna' fork over millions a year to keep a 25th or worse place car on the roster...... when her sponsorship quit paying the bills........ she's toast. She was very lucky to get the deal she did. She was able to get recognition and start her own lines of stuff to sell... without Tony and Nascar.... she would have had a much harder road.... actually..... I think very few people heard of her when she was in open wheel....... I know I didn't...... but.... again..... I don't watch it......

I think it is funny that Mack is getting grief for simply saying what we all have witnessed. I also find a good bit of humor when a "mod" attempts to in a sense censor someone for simply stating an opinion in a discussion forum.........sometimes people don't need to be saved by the white knight moderator, especially when it's a simple discussion. The BS in here gets thick sometimes.

As for the elephant in the room. If anyone in here thinks that her racing career was a success you would be hard pressed to find any information that may convince anyone who values competitiveness that that was the case. In sports and competition success is, was and always will be measured by wins. How many of those does she have? In business she has been more successful then many and in life she has been more successful then most. Well, with the exception of her botched marriage, where in that category I am much better then her as I have yet to run my significant other off (ducks moderator's harpoon net).

You can sit back and say "at least she made it", but I would ask you to ask her, the competitor that we all watched give frustrated interviews if she thinks that her racing career was successful. I would be willing to bet that from a business, personal and overall achievement stand point she would say yes. But, if you then asked her if she ever thinks about what could have been.........she would understand that the answer there is a no. She gets it, she has competed her whole life, wins=success in that world.

I think that she is a lightning rod for this type of discussion because the hype was incredibly palpable due to the over exposure of her by the NASCAR media and her somewhat awkwardness towards the attention. She appears to not like the attention, yet she is more then happy to mug for the camera. She is a difficult person to read. Personally, I have never liked her. I have always felt that she came across as fake and unfortunately it is all that I have to go off of.

As for her bringing new fans into the sport. I would completely disagree. I think that unfortunately for NASCAR and a lot of motorsports if you are not introduced to the sport at some point by someone, a single personality/driver is not going to make you a fan of the sport. What generally happens is that you find someone or something that completes the cycle of making you a fan. I was a huge Bobby Labonte fan growing up, but when he basically retired I really struggled to find another driver to pull for. My overall interest in the sport waned a little bit on a national level, but when Larson started making noise I became even more interested then I was prior. Here is a guy from near where I am from, that I had watched come through the ranks and I personally liked on a personal level. You become more invested and thus, more of a fan and more willing to invest your own capital in the sport/driver.

I think Danica definitely did that. Little girls for instance typically(not always so don't burn your bras) will gravitate to the color pink. Obviously why a lot of girls have pink in their race cars. So when a little girl is introduced to NASCAR and as she is watching trying to find and make some sense of it they may see Danica and relate and then the full circle is completed. As far as people just turning on the TV to see Danica Patrick the female driver, maybe for the first few races, but once the results fail to live up to the hype and expectation, fair or not, those people are gone.

Let me add that I do believe that she inspired people, in particular, little girls. They look at her and can relate to her and then in turn want to be like her. So she has been that, which above anything else is truly admirable.

However, my son has absolutely zero interest in her, not because she is a girl, but because the only time you see Danica was when she was standing next to the infield care center trying not to break down because she was once again "caught up in someone's mess." I use that in quotes because at some point you get paid to avoid other's messes in racing.

In her final race, after she wrecked my 6 year old son looked at me and my wife and said, "Oh look, typical Danica." If a 6 year old can watch every race and make that determination why is it soooooo bad that a grown adult see it the same way?

Back
Top Bottom