Austin Dillion really is a spoiled rich kid

SpeedPagan

The iRacing Guru
Listened to the Richmond Radioactive last night & I couldn't believe what I heard, Dillion calling out to Grandpappy because Menard won't roll over for him. Of course Richard enabled Austin by trying to give Menard "team orders."

I understand the irony of talking about two drivers who both brought their seats instead of earning it. However to Menard's credit, he doesn't get his dad to fight his battles for him.

I can see RCR becoming a ****-tier two car team if Richard keep kow-towing to his grandson. Austin & Ty, the silver spoon boys.

I guess Harvick was right.

....Isn't this what led to the huge fines for MWR and removal from the Chase?! Did RC actually tell Menard to move over? I guess the difference is it wasn't very consequential as Dillon would have made the Chase anyway.

I've heard talks that Menards is talking to Penske Racing.

Yeah I'm hoping something Becomes of it but it's been a few months since we first heard that and nothing has became of it so far and he also said that he's close to announcing a new deal with RCR

Richard Petty looks good in his trademark cowboy hat
Dale Sr looked good in a cowboy hat
Dillon looks like a dork...

If Menard leaves he'll take Menards with him. If/when Newman leaves RCR will become a second, no third tier team.

That is why I cannot stand the Dillon brothers. They're both the same way. Ty had a similar Radioactive moment a few years ago when he was still teammates with Harvick and he told Richard in the pits how "Kevin's never done ANYTHING for this company!". As Ty was maybe 19? And Kevin was quite accomplished.

They've been brought up with such nepotism, such a huge safety net, and such an attitude from Richard that the boys can do no wrong that I don't think either one of them will ever be Cup champions. They aren't mentally tough enough. They've been too spoon-fed their wholes lives.

Menard has his dad's money but doesn't have that mindset at least. If I were Paul and John Menard I would be taking my sponsor money elsewhere.

Hmm. Which RCR driver took a pole this year and got into the chase? Menard? Nope. Newman? Nope. AD may be spoiled, but he's the best driver on that team.

Hmm. Which RCR driver took a pole this year and got into the chase? Menard? Nope. Newman? Nope. AD may be spoiled, but he's the best driver on that team.

Dillon's team also gets the most attention. Menard may not be a championship caliber driver like a Harvick, Busch, or Kesolowski, but he is a good driver who can win races. I really hope the Penske rumors are true. I will be great watching his money be used for a better situation. If Paul does indeed go to Penkse he will out run those Childress boys on a weekly basis.

I think Newman is better but that's just me.

Also, when I went to the all star race this year, I shared some beers with a guy who works at rcr. He said they give all the best stuff to Austin at the expense of the other guys, with or without them knowing it.

To be fair, I think the guy probably changes the trash bags in the office or something (impression I got after he drank a few of my beers and ate my hotdogs) but, it's what he said.

Having said that, I do think Austin is improving and has done better this year than I thought he would.

All drivers whine on the radio. I didn't care for Dillon when he started - mostly due to that hat. But he impressed me last year at Eldora so I'll judge him based on his racing performance. (I don't care if he has a silver spoon).

Ty had a similar Radioactive moment a few years ago when he was still teammates with Harvick and he told Richard in the pits how "Kevin's never done ANYTHING for this company!". As Ty was maybe 19? And Kevin was quite accomplished.
Must be why RCR has won all those races since Harvick left. :sarcasm:

I think the Menard to Penske deal is true, they haven't announced he is staying with rcr have they? To that I say why not? It's mid September. I suspect Austin Dillon knows this. I also suspect they didn't want to announce anything yet because Menard might have made the chase. If your Menard you have to be thinking, look I am. Sponsoring the car fully, it looks like my money is being siphoned over to the other cars.

As for Dillion, the guy does run a nxs car pretty well and wins a couple races a year over there against Gibbs cars which is saying something. The problem as I see it with Austin is he is too concservative with the car. He needs to take more chances. But the again it was junior Johnson who said it's easier to slow a guy down than speed them up.

I'm still trying to figure out why/how his lady friend is with him and the NASCAR crowd? She wasn't too far behind me during the pre-race activities at Bristol. Talk about sticking out like a sore thumb. To make matters worse, she's a few inches taller than him even out of heels.

I'm still trying to figure out why/how his lady friend is with him and the NASCAR crowd? She wasn't too far behind me during the pre-race activities at Bristol. Talk about sticking out like a sore thumb. To make matters worse, she's a few inches taller than him even out of heels.

They got engaged recently too.

I never met him so I have no right to comment on his personality. I will say that he is a great driver who keeps his nose clean and has improved immensely the last 2 years.

Richard Petty looks good in his trademark cowboy hat
Dale Sr looked good in a cowboy hat
Dillon looks like a dork...

If Menard leaves he'll take Menards with him. If/when Newman leaves RCR will become a second, no third tier team.
I never met him so I have no right to comment on his personality. I will say that he is a great driver who keeps his nose clean and has improved immensely the last 2 years.
Oh, stop that. :D

This is the InterGoogle ... slagging is a responsibility.

While that's not really saying a whole lot you aren't wrong one bit.

Aside: I don't care what kind of headgear he or any of the others wear. I'm not going base my opinion of a driver solely on what he or she happens to have on the first time I see them.

$$$$$$$$$

Yeah them spoiled Dillon kids shouldn't be where they are, just like that Dale Jr. And chase Elliott, because you know, they got to where they are becuase of their last name too. Oh wait 90% of the garage is ride buyers and people with money. Non issue

Yeah them spoiled Dillon kids shouldn't be where they are, just like that Dale Jr. And chase Elliott, because you know, they got to where they are becuase of their last name too. Oh wait 90% of the garage is ride buyers and people with money. Non issue
Racing is a rich person's sport, no doubt.

But Dale Jr. & Chase Elliott both won atleast 1 Busch/Xfinity series championships. They are accomplished & proven, imo.

Austin Dillion isnt even in the same talent bracket.

Because around those teammates, he looks okay.
I disagree...he looks pretty awful being around his current teammates when he's a 25th place driver this year. If his results stayed the same, he would look much better at a team like Penske where he is surrounded by Keselowski and Logano. Dillon is clearly getting the best equipment at RCR and there is no need for anyone aside from drivers whose last name is not Dillon to stick around at RCR.

Here are Austin Dillon's accomplishments:
Xfinity rookie of the year, champion, 8 wins, 17 poles
Trucks rookie of the year, champion, 7 wins, 13 poles
Cup: 11 top 10s, 2 poles, pointed is way into the chase this year

Um yeah, terrible driver. As for Menard being better... Lmao

Umm, you know AD won the 2013 xfinity championship right?

I remember that and it was a terrible way to win it.

Guy was HANDED that championship. Hornish would have won it had NASCAR red flag the race instead of making laps through the pits to waste the laps that were left to run.

It was one of the most grotesque things I have ever seen done in any sport.

The difference is humility. Look at the difference in the personality of the drivers you named.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom