Auto-Clutch exemption?

SpeedPagan

The iRacing Guru
So this is actually something I've been wondering for awhile. I have a paralyzed left foot and it's also the foot that's hit hardest by osteoarthritis. (Yea, I'm 30 years old and I already have arthritis.)

Let's say I get the crazy notion of buying a car for my local track's 4 cyl Hornet Class series and turn it into a race car for hobby racing. If the only modification I make to a manual shift car is that it has auto-clutch (is that even a thing outside of sim racing?), but I still have to actually move the shifter, think I'd run into any problem with inspection?

Never heard of a auto-clutch.The only auto-clutch that I could think of in reality is a automatic trans.

Never heard of a auto-clutch.The only auto-clutch that I could think of in reality is a automatic trans.

Seen some guys using them on enduro type motorcycles, they still shifted in the normal way but wouldnt stall the engine on hills and stuff, kind of expensive I think

4 cylinder classes around me allow automatic transmissions. But you can't modify them to act as an in-out box.

Ask the tech men and track promoters of the track(s) you plan to race at. They'll probably find a way to accommodate you. Good luck and have fun!!

They would probably let you put a motorcycle style hand clutch on the steering wheel, operated like a paddle shifter. Remember though, if you start whipping their fannies, they will claim it's an unfair advantage.

Back
Top Bottom