Autodromo Nazionale Monza comes to iRacing

SpeedPagan

The iRacing Guru
Link to story.

Now this is an interesting development. For those who don't know, the oval portion of this road course had not been used since the 60s. As a result, it hadn't really been up kept and had vegetation growing through the cracks on the racing surfaces. They did model the track so that it would be as close as possible to the way it felt in the 60s.

It'd be interesting if 1) This track will be put in any official racing series on iRacing.com and 2) Will this open the door for them to scan North Wilkesboro Speedway?

I Don't see where it says they are scanning the oval? Says they are doing the grand prix circuit and the junior circuit (which goes from before the front stretch chicane through the infield and connects to the backstretch after the boot chicane).

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-28%20at%2009-09.02.44%20AM.png

I Don't see where it says they are scanning the oval? Says they are doing the grand prix circuit and the junior circuit (which goes from before the front stretch chicane through the infield and connects to the backstretch after the boot chicane).

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-28%20at%2009-09.02.44%20AM.png

The Simpit actually covers this in a very well done, in depth cover of iRacing scanning Monza.

Probably won't get it because I'm still learning Ovals

Yea, I'm a strictly oval guy. The only time I'd race road is in the 24 Hour of Daytona.
I tried to make a lap at Lime Rock just to see how it was...not good

They have it on the Truck schedule. Kind of pisses me off but I plan to buy eventually anyways. The season 2 schedule changed quite a bit than I thought and now I have 3 tracks I bought last season that are no longer on the schedule. :windows:

They have it on the Truck schedule. Kind of pisses me off but I plan to buy eventually anyways. The season 2 schedule changed quite a bit than I thought and now I have 3 tracks I bought last season that are no longer on the schedule. :windows:

I guess I better check the SK Modified schedule and see if I need to buy any tracks.

I bought the B car instead of the 5 tracks I need for this truck schedule. For the races I cant race in trucks, the B class schedule has tracks for those dates I already have. Figured that would be the cheapest route. Don't really want to buy Monza right now.

Back
Top Bottom