Automated Pit Road Officiating Technology (APROT)

nerf cars next. Only thing I have seen an official do is get his butt hung up on the fence and not open pit road. And just what is all this techno safety B.S. going to help a pit guy getting run over by his own car or the one behind him. Bunch of sheep dip that so far hasn't improved anything, just more hoops to jump thru.

If their so safety conscious, do what everybody else does, limit RPM's with the chip and do this. About as exciting as watching paint dry...but it is SAFE baaaaa.
6b5412b4f53e1c45b0bdfb5bf39345d1.jpg

Seemed to me that they had so many cameras at their disposal that they couldnt figure out what to show us next, pit road coverage was poor IMO and camera views jumping around on the track so much it made me dizzy, add the never ending commercials and missing half the race because of them and it got irritating. Supercross can show an entire main event or heat race without a commercial, I wish Nascar could try that approach

probably can't have pit row cameras, or as many (in the interest of safety of course). I watched the race commercial free, there were so many cautions for bumper cars that only a couple of passes for the lead which Fox was quick to replay were missed. It will be different when a race goes long green. Can't help it when a racing series goes big time, but we can still voice our displeasure, after all, we the fans made it popular and I don't think a one of us have said please give us more commercials, we love missing the race.

Teams will get penalized and then they'll adjust as the season goes along. This new technology will be a huge story IMO the first part of the season and then it'll slowly become the norm. While many seem to not like it, NASCAR's being proactive on safety when it comes to those guys going over the wall. Nothing wrong with that that I can see. It's here to stay. Going to have to learn to live with it.

yep......sorta like "td called back for offensive line holding penalty " in nfl.
gonna be lotsa po'd fans / teams for a while.
i predict it's top " rf complaint of '15 " ! :D

andy petree to be replay penalty explainer for fox i think . ??

yep......sorta like "td called back for offensive line holding penalty " in nfl.
gonna be lotsa po'd fans / teams for a while.
i predict it's top " rf complaint of '15 " ! :D

andy petree to be replay penalty explainer for fox i think . ??
I think I may have understood you this time. I'm agreeing. Perhaps I should decipher in once again?

Going to have to make a pit stop tonight in the Duel races. This new technology is bound to be a factor for who does and doesn't make the 500.

Going to have to make a pit stop tonight in the Duel races. This new technology is bound to be a factor for who does and doesn't make the 500.
I predict that at least two cars are bumped out of the Daytona 500 by mistakes in the pits tonight.

nerf cars next. Only thing I have seen an official do is get his butt hung up on the fence and not open pit road. And just what is all this techno safety B.S. going to help a pit guy getting run over by his own car or the one behind him. Bunch of sheep dip that so far hasn't improved anything, just more hoops to jump thru.

On a positive note, cameras and computers dont over eat and get fat ............................... there is good in all things, sometimes its just hard to see

Maybe he lost a bunch of weight real quick and his clothes were loose fitting ;)
nah it looked like he had his official Nascar radio, rules of conduct pamphlet, and about half of the Nascar rulebook in his back pocket. Hung him up..too wide to get thru the gap.

nah it looked like he had his official Nascar radio, rules of conduct pamphlet, and about half of the Nascar rulebook in his back pocket. Hung him up..too wide to get thru the gap.

Thats why the new rule book comes with wheels and handles

The rulebook is available on a special tablet application. It's a red tablet with two white knobs in the lower corners.

images

The rulebook is available on a special tablet application. It's a red tablet with two white knobs in the lower corners.

I had me one of them when I was a kid ..................... "etch a sketch" I believe they called it, mine never worked and I never could figure out where the batteries were :D

Back
Top Bottom