Awaiting biopsy results

Bobw

Team Owner
What an ordeal. The needle used is almost 1/8 of an inch in diameter. It leaves quite a wound. The procedure did go well. Logan was sedated and it appears he's quite funny when he's coming out of sedation. He loves his Mommy, his brother is his best friend, Nana makes good cookies, Grampy has trains and eats bugs...that raised eyebrows until my daughter explained we call lobsters 'bugs'.

Nothing immediately definite and the pathologist's report won't be ready for several days so we continue to wait.

This waiting is unbearable. It was in the pre op testing that was done 6 or so weeks ago prior to having his tonsils out that showed an abnormality and the need for further testing. Seems each test led for the need for further tests which leads to more extensive tests.

While Hasbro Children's hospital in Providence is very good the surgeon there said he'd be more comfortable if he had his tonsils removed up in Boston Children's hospital.

I share your anxiety about the waiting --- that's the hardest part. You feel like you should be DOING something, but don't know what ---

Hang in there, Grampy.

Really pulling hard for Logan. Hope everything will be alright.

My thoughts are with you. I've had to deal with my wife being in the hospital for over 3 weeks now, I can't imagine it being a child or grandchild

Oh bob, I am so incredibly sorry your little guy is going through this. I am sitting here crying for grampy.

We are and always be here for you. No matter what.

I want to Thank everyone for their concern and kind words, it helps us get through the days.

The boys. Nolan on the left with his arm around Logan's shoulder

0223_zps4y8fioqj.png

Prayers for your little one. Praying for great test results and a speedy recovery. .. Lots of prayers for the adults in the family to be strong and gain strenght. We've dealt with cancer in the adult world and waiting on the results causes alot of anxiety.. †

What an ordeal. The needle used is almost 1/8 of an inch in diameter. It leaves quite a wound. The procedure did go well. Logan was sedated and it appears he's quite funny when he's coming out of sedation. He loves his Mommy, his brother is his best friend, Nana makes good cookies, Grampy has trains and eats bugs...that raised eyebrows until my daughter explained we call lobsters 'bugs'.

Nothing immediately definite and the pathologist's report won't be ready for several days so we continue to wait.

This waiting is unbearable. It was in the pre op testing that was done 6 or so weeks ago prior to having his tonsils out that showed an abnormality and the need for further testing. Seems each test led for the need for further tests which leads to more extensive tests.

While Hasbro Children's hospital in Providence is very good the surgeon there said he'd be more comfortable if he had his tonsils removed up in Boston Children's hospital.

Any update?

FYI This started with pre surgery testing for having his tonsils out and they found an abnormality in his blood work. Surgery scheduled for Thursday at Boston Children's Hospital.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Logan's bone marrow test came back with elevated megakaryocytes which until he has surgery and further tests they can't rule out anything bad.In addition to a second team close by that specializes in surgery with those with blood disorders.

At first look they say it's not L or C but as of now neither can be definitely ruled out . They will do more tests, including another bone marrow test, after his tonsil/adenoid surgery and look for mutations.

Looking at 3 days in icu, he will be intubated for at least one day following surgery. He'll stay a day or two in a room following getting out of ICU before coming home. My brother lives just north of Boston and has opened his home to us.
The only thing we know for sure is he'll have his tonsils out and then retested in several weeks. Until then we just have to be patient which is getting increasingly difficult with each passing day.

Here's my buddy. Little frosting never hurt anyone. Hey, he started it!
0223b_zpsercaalsi.png

'

Back
Top Bottom