Awesome Bill News

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dodge driver Elliott has Chevy ride for Daytona
Bill Elliott will get another chance to add to his Daytona win total next month, and the longtime Ford and Dodge driver also will have a chance to size up a Chevrolet.

Elliott, who has four wins at Daytona International Speedway, including two in the prestigious Daytona 500, told the Atlanta Journal Constitution's Rick Minter Tuesday that he'll be driving the No. 36 Chevy for MB2 Motorsports in the sport's showcase event.

"I wanted to run the 500 again, one more time at least," said Elliott, who has run a part-time schedule for the past two seasons after ending a full-time career that saw him win a Winston Cup championship, 44 races and 55 poles. "I've always enjoyed running Daytona."

It'll mark one of his rare starts in a General Motors car, although he did run Chevys and an Oldsmobile in the late 1970s. "The General Motors stuff has been awfully good on superspeedways," he said. "We'll see what they're all about."

He still plans to run some races in a Dodge for his regular car owner, Ray Evernham, but those starts will come later in the season.

Elliott said it's best for Evernham to focus on getting his third full-time team --- the No. 10 Dodge driven by Scott Riggs --- up to speed at the start of the season. "I want Ray to put all his effort into that right now," he said.

Elliott's first ride in the No. 36 will come next week when Daytona holds the first round of preseason test sessions.

hell has frozen over....Elliot gonna be in Chevy....i love it!!

My life is over....... It was a shock when he drove a Dodge...... But this???????? (insert crying in my beer smilie here)

Thats great news that Awesome Bill has a ride for the Daytona 500. I just hope he can make it into the race, because the car he is driving his listed has 43rd in driver points, so he will have to qualify in. I am hoping he will be able to do that, but Im sure he will. Hope to see him in the 500. Can't wait! LETS GO RACIN!!

be9ak7ts16 said:
My life is over....... It was a shock when he drove a Dodge...... But this???????? (insert crying in my beer smilie here)

dont worry im sure that CHEVY will take him right to victory lane.

Back
Top Bottom