B.C.S. = B.S

• Thread starter GREAT AMERICAN RACE FAN
  • Start date
G

GREAT AMERICAN RACE FAN

I am going to admit, I am a Bama fan who See's things realistically. I do however think that they look like the best team in the nation, even better than Florida. I can back that up with fans from other rival S.E.C. (Pound for pound the Best football conference in the country) foes agreeing with me. What is the sentiment outside the loud and proud South Eastern Conference region. Who do you think it is right now, today on 11/17/09?

We will get this sort of talk every year no matter what. And why? It's because the college football rankings are nothing but a popularity contest. But there really isn't any other way to rank the teams because there are so many of them that vie for the top spot.

The one thing that you can be assured of GARF is that your Bama team has the ability to play for the BCS title. Notice that I didn't call it National Champion. Bama will no doubt finish the regular season undefeated and will probably play Florida for the SEC Championship and thus, will be in a position to play for the BCS crown. Texas will be the opponent if they don't trip on the way. However, TCU, Cincinnati and Boise State can also go undefeated and will not have a chance to prove how good they are.

I'm not one to back the voters who control these rankings, but when you add the computers and all the data involved, I do think you have a much better reading as to who is the better teams. But even the BCS is affected by human votes, and one set of those votes comes from the coaches poll. We have seen in the past that not all of those votes come from coaches, but even those that do come from someone who cannot and doesn't pay much attention to any team that their own team doesn't face. They are, or should be too busy to watch any other football game. So, they have to rely on what the press says.

Back to your question, I haven't watched Bama or Florida play so I can't really give an answer. But I can tell you one thing for sure, my team, Oklahoma is having a very bad year. :sad:

In order to prove how good T.C.U., Boise and Cincinnati are we need a playoff. Give them a shot at the title. The winner would be a true National Champion, not a B.c.S. champion.

I am going to admit, I am a Bama fan who See's things realistically. I do however think that they look like the best team in the nation, even better than Florida. I can back that up with fans from other rival S.E.C. (Pound for pound the Best football conference in the country) foes agreeing with me. What is the sentiment outside the loud and proud South Eastern Conference region. Who do you think it is right now, today on 11/17/09?

Time will tell. There are a couple pretty good teams they will have to beat to prove your unbiased selection as best team in the nation. :)

There is little doubt that Florida, Texas, and Bama are the 3 best this year.

Alabama looks like a much better team than Florida does this year. Mark Ingram is having the best year of any player I've seen this year. That being said, they still get a chance to play Florida to prove it. TCU, Cincinnati and Boise State are all undefeated also. The fact that they have no chance to play for the title is a downright shame. Without a playoff, there is no true champion. College football stands to make a ton of money on playoff games. I just don't understand why they don't just make it happen. An 8 team playoff doesn't seem like it would be that hard to put together.

Texas just may end up as the National Champion. If I was making a pick it would be them. Florida is probably the second best team in the Nation and will beat Alabama to set up the Texas vs Florida National Championship.

The other undefeated teams simply aren't in the same class as Texas / Florida.

Texas just may end up as the National Champion. If I was making a pick it would be them. Florida is probably the second best team in the Nation and will beat Alabama to set up the Texas vs Florida National Championship.

The other undefeated teams simply aren't in the same class as Texas / Florida.

I take it back. Florida will win it all again. They are looking really tough.

Top 4 teams:

1. Florida
2. Texas
3. TCU
4. Alabama

I guess we will see Saturday in Atlanta!!!

A four team playoff would be nice this year. All four teams have stellar defenses.

Who looks better than who is a week to week thing. Florida would match up much better against Texas merely because they have a running QB. Aggy showed Texas' Defense weakness in that category. However, Florida's defense won't stop Texas either. I've seen em play & they will be shredded with their all out blitz technique. Bama's defense is fat & slow. Good when you're playing against Pro offense SEC teams. Pass, playaction, hand off..etc. They won't be able to handle Texas fast pace & great reciever corps. Colt McCoy is not that great of a qb, for those who havent seen Texas..He inherited superior recievers that catch darn near every bad throw he makes..and there are a lot of em. Unfortunately for SEC teams, Texas defense is run by a sec coach..with better player talent. Bama will not have a running game vs. Texas with or without Ingram. Auburn even stuffed him this week. At this point, I think it's a toss between Texas, Florida, and TCU. I would love the Texas/Bama championship because of the history and tradition of those two programs...I'll be pulling for the tide against Florida for sure...just don't know if they can do it...but that's why they play the games..right?

Spent the week in Oklahoma, just outside Norman where OU is located. Watched the game against OSU with my father and loved the outcome. Both of us thought that those rascally Cowboys would whoop up on the Sooners, but it wasn't to be and OU spoiled those Cowboys hopes for a BCS bowl. This was the worst year for coach Bob Stoops, but injuries was the cause. I do think they have a lot to build on for next year and at least the QB will not have to go in untested because Bradford got hurt in the first game and only played one full game before being hurt again.

Back
Top Bottom