B Labonte rumor

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
From Jayski's...

Labonte to the #42? Hearing Bobby Labonte, driver of the #18 Interstate Batteries Chevy, is the top candidate to replace Jamie McMurray in the #42 Texaco-Havoline Dodge at Chip Ganassi Racing, which would allow #97-Kurt Busch to drive the #2 in 2006 and McMurray to head to Roush Racing and drive the #97. Both McMurray and Busch signed deals to go to those teams in 2007 and both are trying to get out of their contract to run with their new teams in 2006.(10-21-2005)

Yeah, ole J's printed Bobby going just about everyplace except the #24. I guess this way no matter what happens he can say I told you so. His site has really been going down hill the past few months as far as credibility goes.

Eagle1 said:
Yeah, ole J's printed Bobby going just about everyplace except the #24. I guess this way no matter what happens he can say I told you so. His site has really been going down hill the past few months as far as credibility goes.

He just may be listening to Mulhearn too much. :confused:

Eagle1 said:

...very good point, Eagle.

- K y l e

Update from Jayski's...

UPDATE 3: hearing that Bobby Labonte has signed with Ganassi Racing for next season. Supposedly they are only waiting for the lawyers to finish up with the paperwork. There was no mention as to whether or not Interstate Batteries would be going with him.(11-1-2005)

I'll believe it when Bobby gives the press conference.

Chip and Jack, both want to get raid of Jammie and Kurt, because they both have spent a ton of money in them drivers, and when an owner gets word of them leaving to go to a "rival" team it shocks the owner, and he gets tired of lookin at the guy in the shop.

http://www.cupscene.com/11010511.htm

Bobby Labonte signs with Ganassi racing for 2006
November 1
A Ganassi team source close to the ongoing negotiations concerning the No. 42 Texaco Havoline Dodge driven by NASCAR driver Jamie McMurray has confirmed that current Joe Gibbs Racing driver Bobby Labonte has signed to drive the car in 2006.

Joe Gibbs, Labonte’s current team owner has reportedly given his blessing to the departure of Labonte a former champion.

Until the details are finalized nothing more is expected to be released; however a formal announcement is expected within 48-72 hours.

[email protected]

kelloggs5TLfan said:
http://www.cupscene.com/11010511.htm

Bobby Labonte signs with Ganassi racing for 2006
November 1
A Ganassi team source close to the ongoing negotiations concerning the No. 42 Texaco Havoline Dodge driven by NASCAR driver Jamie McMurray has confirmed that current Joe Gibbs Racing driver Bobby Labonte has signed to drive the car in 2006.

Joe Gibbs, Labonte’s current team owner has reportedly given his blessing to the departure of Labonte a former champion.

Until the details are finalized nothing more is expected to be released; however a formal announcement is expected within 48-72 hours.

[email protected]

I'll still wait for Bobby or JGR to make the announcement. Bobby keeps saying it isn't so and until he says different I'd much prefer taking his word than someone hiding behind the "source close to the ongoing negotiations ".

Eagle, what happens if he never does say it? The local sports have all reported this last night. Me thinks its more than just a rumor now.

I'll hold off believing the 'talk' until it has been officially announced by Ganassi, Gibbs and/or Bobby Labonte.

I'll still wait for Bobby or JGR to make the announcement. Bobby keeps saying it isn't so and until he says different I'd much prefer taking his word than someone hiding behind the "source close to the ongoing negotiations ".

majestyx said:
I'll hold off believing the 'talk' until it has been officially announced by Ganassi, Gibbs and/or Bobby Labonte.
I agree with ya both. I'm waiting too.

I'm waiting because I have talked to two seperate people who saw Bobby walking & talking with Kyle Petty at Petty Enterprises this week :) I bet Kyle was wishing Bobby GOOD LUCK next year in the 42 car :p

Do you know Patty Petty runs a home school and many of the kids from racing families go there? Now I'm not sure if Bobby's children do, but I know Terry's kids did so I'll step out on the limb and connect the dots. Could be he was taking or picking his kids up from school. It's pretty common knowledge thes guys are friends, you would expect them to talk ?

Eagle1 said:
Do you know Patty Petty runs a home school and many of the kids from racing families go there? Now I'm not sure if Bobby's children do, but I know Terry's kids did so I'll step out on the limb and connect the dots. Could be he was taking or picking his kids up from school. It's pretty common knowledge thes guys are friends, you would expect them to talk ?

That's exactly what I was thinking.. I just saw a couple of people making a huge deal out of it somewhere else. I think Bobby lives pretty close to Petty Ent. so it wouldn't be a big deal if he just stopped by

Back
Top Bottom