Bad luck in a pinch for TS

H

HardScrabble

Talk about buzzard luck!!!

A nothing tap to the rear of Nadeau's car and pinches an oil line going to the cooler off.

Tony had a good car and just might have been able to contend for win, at worst a top 5 I think. Lost a few laps in the pits getting the oil line fixed and that's all she wrote.

I didn't get to see the race, but I heard about that...did he do that under caution? I taped the race and will watch it tomorrow...

I believe he did Fergy, He didnt like the fact that Nadue passed him and gave him a little tap, and I mean a really light one, which is typical for Bristol. Really too bad that something like that can ruin your day...

As much as I'd like to say that was just bad luck, that was nothing more than Tony being an idiot and most likely throwing his bid for the cup right out the window.

Was he an idiot to expect that a little love tap like that would have destroyed his car? Beating and banging goes on any given day at Bristol. The car should have been able to withstand it, IMO.

He was an idiot for resorting to that in the first place.

You fail to see the difference between beating and banging and ramming into someone from behind on a caution lap.

You seem to be the only one here, Paul, who would describe it as a "ramming".

Never mind me...I'm just a brainless twit who can't possibly understand the difference, right?

Ok, I'll use the word "hitting" and restate myself.

You fail to see the difference between beating and banging and hitting someone from behind on a caution lap.

My point was that these cars hit/bash/bang from behind all day long -- caution lap or not -- and the cars usually withstand it pretty well. I just don't understand why Tony's did not.

I'm not justifying hitting someone on a caution lap.

Still looked very Light for a supposed "Hit" to Nadue....more like a caution lap Bump IMHO :rolleyes:

I definately agree that the bump was light etc etc. But he wouldn't have had the problem if he just sucked it up and didn't resport to bumping people on caution laps.

It was only a little bump, It happened right in front of me.
Nadeau tapped him, and he tapped him back. Must have just hit in the right spot. Pissed me off highly. I'll bet Smoke is kicking himself. So much for the anger management. I still love him though.

As do I.

Just wish he would have thought the whole situation through a little further.

He and his team did an incredible amount of work last night.

Good lesson learned though, even the smallest of hits can do the greatest damage.

Thanks for the info RoyalOrange, that explaines a lot. I was wondering why Tony hit Jerry, considering Jerry was just following the line of laped cars through, now I know. On the replay it didn't show Jerry taping Tony, was there a reason?

I think Abooja was trying to say that its was such a minor hit, it shouldn't have cut the oil line, no matter if it was during the race or on a caution lap.....

But, as Paul said, he should have known better. Just because he was trying to make a point of some kind, it cost him the race and possibly a chance at the title.

Maybe that got the point across to Tony.....?

Oil lines have been left loose before, who's to say that it didn't come loose right at the time of the contact. only the crew knows and may have said it got cut.

and go ahead and call me crazy, but who knows.

Back
Top Bottom