Bad News For Local Yellow Fans

If local yellows can't be done maybe they could look for runoff areas for the pace car at or near the end of each sector, along with a restart line for each sector.
This would shorten the time of caution lap some.

:cool: Doesn't look like any time soon
Scott Miller, NASCAR senior vice president of competition
“Under no circumstance are we going to have a local yellow with our equipment and our personnel out on the track. Local yellows (are) something that we can talk about, but honestly, concept(-wise) it is good but in practice I don’t really think that it keeps us from throwing the full-course caution hardly ever.
I realize you have a history of lacking reading comprehension, and that continues here. You’ve only read the first half of the sentence. They are not going to have local yellows with their equipment or personnel out on the track. IMSA also has the same policy. Jim France owns Action Express. With the incorporation of so many new road courses, I’m sure one day we will have the same procedure that IMSA does.

I realize you have a history of lacking reading comprehension, and that continues here. You’ve only read the first half of the sentence. They are not going to have local yellows with their equipment or personnel out on the track. IMSA also has the same policy. Jim France owns Action Express. With the incorporation of so many new road courses, I’m sure one day we will have the same procedure that IMSA does.
He doesnt have reading comprehension problems, you have selective reading.

Local yellows (are) something that we can talk about, but honestly, concept(-wise) it is good but in practice I don’t really think that it keeps us from throwing the full-course caution hardly ever.

I've wondered for several years why NASCAR continues to bother with a flagman. He / she does nothing that can't be done with a TV.
Nostalgia I guess. Spotters hear everything they need from the control tower, from "put it out" to 1 lap to green etc....etc....

I'm not sure about the bots, but I do think one day we will see self-driving pace cars.
With or without a passenger?
I'm sure they will use a passenger, atleast at first, just in case something happens for the safety of the other drivers and pit crews. Eventually they could even use remote controls for that though.
Or a virtual one like F1 does sometimes.
This is what the future looks like.

I like the 900 pound battery pack ... lowers the CG nicely.

This is what the future looks like.

I like the 900 pound battery pack ... lowers the CG nicely.

I agree but the range for long term racing isn’t quite there yet, even with regenerative braking’s assistance. A carbon neutral goal is great looking forward and that doesn’t necessarily include fully electric vehicles.

I'll be very surprised if they don't add a hybrid component to the next engine package.

For starters.

Elephants during full-course caution.

They had better use some all terrains to handle the patties, the track will be greasy and slick, and local brown flags will be the story.

They have dirt tires for that.
NASCAR has announced the fall Martinsville race in the Chase will feature a track resurfaced with Pachyderm Poop (tm). No decision has been made yet regarding the application of PJ-1 to the racing surface. No decision was announced regarding the application of Pachyderm Poop (tm) or PJ-1 to the hot dogs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom