Ballsy promotor

VaDirt

Dirt Track Fanatic
This past weekend, there was a three-state, three race challenge race. Super late models and crate late models running Thursday night at Georgetown, DE, Friday at Potomac, MD, and Saturday at Winchester, VA. Well, first Thursday rains out, then Friday rains out. The three tracks are working on rescheduling for a later weekend that works for everyone.

But wait! In the meantime, Brett Deyo, the guy who took over Georgetown last year) said screw it, I'm gonna do something different. Put together a big race for tonight (Monday) for his big block mods, crate mods, super late model, crate late models, and trucks. But not only that, made it worth something,, as the super late winner will be guaranteed a starting sport in the World of Outlaws race they'll have later in the year, and the big block modified winner will get a spot in the re-draw for a big modified show they'll have later in the year. Not only did he bring in a full field cars in all the divisions, fans packed the stands.

All with three days notice and on a Monday night.

Weeknight races work.

Asphalt track promoters in the southeast refuse to race on any night that isn't Saturday night. Told me for years it's the only night you can race and cars and fans won't show up. They even told me it won't work in the south because this is the only part of the country where people have jobs and work. :XXROFL:

My Wednesday night race at Carteret County Speedway last year was a huge success. Best car counts of the year in all but one division and a strong fan count.

Stands at My Weeknight Race, about a half hour before the start.

ccs1.jpg

ccs2.jpg

When I saw the headline, I thought it might be in reference to Florence Speedway offering free grandstand admission.

When I saw the headline, I thought it might be in reference to Florence Speedway offering free grandstand admission.
VMS does that every year, as do some others I've seen. "Pack the stands Night."

People will show up any night of the week for a good show, hence New Smyrna is running a Thursday night show at the end of June. The announcer said it would be like Thunder Road in Vermont where his dad took him when he was a kid. When I watched him walking around I thought odd you don't look old enough to have gone to the Road when they were closed... 4 Division's last night and less than a total of 30 cars, 10 minute intermission that turned in to like 30 minutes. I am not saying it was the saddest operation / racing I have ever seen but I will not go back there again.

Back
Top Bottom